News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SabreOfParadise

Update to SMF 1.1.13:
smf_1-1-13_german

The file Admin.german.php had the wrong version (1.1 instead of 1.1.13) which caused the version check to mark the file red although I have updated it.

Edit: Btw.: Has an email been sent for this update? (If yes, I'm afraid it got stuck in a SPAM filter)

KidCactus

I'm running 1.1.12 and can't update to 1.1.13, ./Sources/Search.php fails. :-\ Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, copied Search.php from 1.1.12 install package and then 1.1.13 could be applied. Hm, I wonder what I had changed in Search.php then...

Robert.

QuotePlease do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board.

abraamz

First of all congratulations to everyone that worked for smf 2.0 for this fine and free piece of software.
Secondly if 2.0 final is close in terms of code and not so close in terms of license, the focus of the dev team is on 2.1, on 3.0 or on something else?
And last a request. Since everything was slow, myself (and i think many people) would like to see more frequent updates about whats happening, whats next etc. People have waited long for "when its ready". I believe that regular updates about whats moving (or not) should be made weekly or monthly (or every x days), to give the community the feeling that smf is moving on and its not standing still, waiting for laywers.

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

MadMick

Quote from: YO_zhik on February 17, 2011, 10:20:59 AM
Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2011, 09:40:48 AM
keep your eyes on this board and on the announcements in the admin section of your forum.
Or keep track of us on Twitter and/or Facebook.
This is'nt right way to publish announcements. Not for me.

Ummm, so what?, you think they should send out 248,118 emails each time there is an update or a patch, get real. If you are an SMF admin, as soon as you log into the admin section a red banner pops up saying your version is out of date and to "click here to update".

There are announcements made in this section and you can subscribe to that as mentioned and set it to only notify you of the first post.

The fact that probably nine tenths of the email addresses on here are fake, expired or changed since the member joined should tell you that a mass email is just not going to happen. As the admin of my own forum, I never use the mass email function for that reason alone.

If you are really concerned as an admin, then check here regularly, either that or just STFU and use different software  ::)
Regards,

Mick.

AHN Moderators - Can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you"

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Actually, mass emails are / have been done sometimes as well, but those are way slower than any alternatives, since like mentioned the amount of outgoing mail then is huge, and may take days to process..
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

infyquest

where is the upgrade file for 1.1.13 from 1.1.12, I cannot find it (smf_patch_1.0.21_1.1.13_1.tar.gz)
Send me the link via PM

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

A) Your SMF Admin panel. B) Dowloads -> Updates (I think; didn't check). C) Cust.site -> Updates. D) linked in this topic.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

IchBin™

Quote from: MadMick on February 18, 2011, 11:41:11 PM
If you are really concerned as an admin, then check here regularly, either that or just STFU and use different software  ::)

Wow, ease up man. It's just the internet.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Bigguy

Any new easter eggs in this version or will there be at all in 2.0 gold. ???

Norv

Should there be? :D

Or... should we tell if there are? *ponders*
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

NanoSector

Quote from: Norv on February 19, 2011, 06:50:07 PM
Should there be? :D

Or... should we tell if there are? *ponders*
Yes there should be... but don't tell!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Robert.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Masterd

Advertisement: