SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Using the large upgrade, you can simply overwrite all yiur existing files, and run upgrade.php to get your database up to date as well. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Masterd

sjambi

Thank you so much for help.
Now I can decide what release I need.
I really need to have smf 2.0 RC5 with more security patches, but I prefer to wait until it becomes fully stable.
We still have problems with receiving many spam user requests daily.  I hope this problem will end with smf 2.0 RC5.

Thanks again!
Sahar

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Bolt™

Quote from: Bolt3D08™ on February 11, 2011, 10:18:01 PM
Nice but I just finley got my forum updated to SMF 4 and am sticking to it
At least make sure you install the security patch then.

Yes I have installed that.

Tjati

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tjati

Wrong! I found some:

REPLACE INTO forum_settings
(`variable`, `value`)
VALUES
('cal_maxyear', '2020');

ALTER TABLE forum_calendar
CHANGE title title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';

ALTER TABLE forum_calendar_holidays
CHANGE title title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';

UPDATE forum_membergroups
SET group_type = group_type + 1
WHERE group_type > 0

Arantor

Firstly, that last one isn't for RC4 to RC5, it's in case a previous change wasn't applied.

The calendar change is just to reset an option many forgot to reset, and the calendar changes only make a column wider rather than new columns, and they don't have to be run unless you need the wider space. There are no new columns or new tables though which is what I think Dime was confirming.

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: Tjati on March 08, 2011, 01:24:15 PM
Are there any sql changes done from RC4 to RC5?
Why did you ask if you're going to answer your own question... in a rude manner?
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

TheMortician4

Quote from: Arantor on March 02, 2011, 12:15:04 PM
Which version of SMF, since there's a board for 1.x Support and a board for 2.x Support...?
Issue Resolved

HecKel

SMF is getting like GMail..., stabled but still beta, and with a lot of people using it :)

It's a shame how politics can stuck a great software...
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Road Rash Jr.

Somebody is dragging their feet, it normally takes 5 business days to transfer from a LLC to an NPO. In the case where releases are required a 30 day notice is standard.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

TheMortician4

I Love this software, and the support has been stellar, I do not like vbulletin, and quite frankly, none of the others are as well supported as well as customizable.

SMF will remain the best free system I have yet to see and I have been around since BBS's. The free exchange of information and software was the motto for RBBS back in the early 80's when PC's first hit the market.  SMF has punched through the competition, while still maintaining that same message. For me, and with this economy the way it is today, it allows us lesser fortunate to make an impact on the .net and deliver great content with a prize winning package.

Keep up the great work guys....!!!!

Arantor

Quote from: Road Rash on March 12, 2011, 09:29:01 AM
Somebody is dragging their feet, it normally takes 5 business days to transfer from a LLC to an NPO. In the case where releases are required a 30 day notice is standard.

I won't get into it, but suffice to say it is a lot more complex than a simple asset transfer.

Road Rash Jr.

I won't get into it either but going from LLC to NPO is not as complex as you believe or have been told.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

Quote from: Road Rash on March 12, 2011, 04:33:07 PM
I won't get into it either but going from LLC to NPO is not as complex as you believe or have been told.

Normally it wouldn't be. This is not a normal case.

Kindred

RR... once again you are commenting on things which you actually know nothing about
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Kindred on March 12, 2011, 04:44:56 PM
RR... once again you are commenting on things which you actually know nothing about

Kindred, once again you assume more than you know. You have no clue what experience I have had in the corporate world in the past 80 years.

Advertisement: