News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

HUGE PROBLEM

Started by ~Fantacy~, February 17, 2011, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Fantacy~

I started getting this error out of no were and the stuff i put on index.php isent  (feedback thingy tab) isent either showing up so  i dnt know whts wrong

The site is super-gaming.com

heres a screenshot

Illori

what did you try to add/change last?

~Fantacy~

Nothing this jsut rankdomly happened and now im seeing this

Leppie

try doing database health checks and repair from the cpanel (or whatever your domain host offers to control it).

~Fantacy~

I did and it dident work :( :(

Clara Listensprechen

I got that kind of notice when Go Daddy was shuffling servers. Methinks it's at the host end; you might want to check to see if your host has made any maintenance, expansion, or shuffling announcements.
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

ARG01

I had the same issue many times when hosted at GoDaddy. They could never come up with a logical reason or solution and many times my backups also failed to make repairs.
My solution was to do a fresh manual install using the same database name and account info and somehow all my content was still in tact.
Once I began to tire of doing this I left GoDaddy and have not had the same issues since.
Another good thing to know if you host at GoDaddy is to NEVER update through their "Hosting Connection" program when it alerts you that updates are available. You will lose your entire database almost every time. This applies to all software programs that they offer through the Hosting Connection, not just SMF.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

~Fantacy~

Will the restore erase my mods my wrk on the site and all tht stuff

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: G1 on February 17, 2011, 02:35:09 PM
I had the same issue many times when hosted at GoDaddy. They could never come up with a logical reason or solution and many times my backups also failed to make repairs.
My solution was to do a fresh manual install using the same database name and account info and somehow all my content was still in tact.
Once I began to tire of doing this I left GoDaddy and have not had the same issues since.
Another good thing to know if you host at GoDaddy is to NEVER update through their "Hosting Connection" program when it alerts you that updates are available. You will lose your entire database almost every time. This applies to all software programs that they offer through the Hosting Connection, not just SMF.

;)
Guess what--I'm getting that problem now, and I'm on Go Daddy.  And it's on just one of my boards. The other comes up just fine with no problem (both are under same domain). Ya, Go has done this before, so I guess some tech over there is fiddling with whatever server one of the databases is on, although I'd think both databases would be handled by the same server.  Something that makes me go "Hmmmmm...."
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

ARG01

That is what I could not understand with GoDaddy. I had seven sites set up as sub-domains under one main domain. Some would have the issue while others did not. It has nothing to do with the domain itself because each database is created separately for each sub-domain. It's an issue that breaks database tables and not necessarily a server issue. As for the restore function not working, well, GDaddy had no answers for that issue either.
But for a substantial fee, they will offer to attempt to restore for you from their own backups.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: