Integrated Shout Out Box For SMF 1.1.13

Started by nubieteky, February 18, 2011, 02:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubieteky

Hi,

I have been scanning thru all the mods for a week, test, trail n error and could not get any chat box to work with my Forum =(

Neo_TE

I don't think anyone is interested in making a separate shoutbox.

Just install some portal (say simpleportal) and use only the shoutbox in global mode.

nubieteky

separate? wat do you mean?

i like a shout-out box on top of my SMF forum. users who log-in on Forum is automatically log in also on the chat

nubieteky

I have already tried simpleportal and the interface change my whole forum to a blogger style, this is not what i was looking for.

something like this...

nubieteky

Quote from: live627 on February 19, 2011, 07:45:13 PM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585

ok sir thanks for the reply however there is a whole list of zip files which is which i have tried and selected sb1.13 and sb.1.3 smf2

when i upload it to packages i received an error > Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

when i try to parse > Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

thank you again

live627

Try SB_1.22.zip and modify its package-info.xml to replace all occurrences of 1.1.9 with 1.1.13

nubieteky

hi Sir

I have downloaded the file and open package-info.xml with notepad
change all instance of 1.1.9 to 1.1.13

save it as it is and uploaded the file. > i still the error message that the file is corrupt.

nubieteky

Quote from: live627 on February 20, 2011, 12:16:25 AM
Try SB_1.22.zip and modify its package-info.xml to replace all occurrences of 1.1.9 with 1.1.13

help pls i need ur program desperately  :-[

Arantor

Or install Version Emulate Dropdown to let you pick the version number it should use instead.

nubieteky

thanks for the "version emulate" it installed however chatbox doesen't show on my index.

Arantor

You don't browse that, it embeds into the main forum...

nubieteky

yes but it does not show in my main forum

> i used emulator to indicate 1.1.9

> install the package > installation successful

> made the necessary configurations on .themes/mythemes/index.template.php.
   since im using my own theme

however.

Parse Find for 1.1.9
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
                        </form>';
   }

Mine 1.1.13
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
      </form>', $context['current_time'],'<br />';
   }

Arantor

Just add the code it tells you to after that bit - the reason it doesn't work is because you didn't add that edit, which is what makes it appear in the forum.

nubieteky

Hi Sir 

there were two modifications on template.index.php I had add the necessary, this was not my first time to add a mod.  :-[

Arantor

I understood from your post about the two different sets of code that you hadn't added the changes. If you have, it should be installed because that code loads the shoutbox *into* your theme (I used to use this shoutbox myself)

nubieteky

do i need to configure somthing in the admin panel?

Arantor

If you've made all the edits you need to (on every theme you use), the only 'configuration' in the admin panel is permissions but as admin you have all permissions anyway.

nubieteky

Hi sir now the shout out box is working however i can only access it when i go to :

mysite/forums/yshout/index.php

Here is a view of it on my main index board the link is not clickable either

thank you for you assistance how ever it would be much better if i could access this on main index  :-[

nubieteky

what do you mean by this >>>>>   Move the included directory "yshout" to "the root directory".

my yshout folder is in the

www.mysite/forums/yshout

Advertisement: