cannot access Browse Packages page?

Started by !RFAN, February 18, 2011, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

i installed pretty urls mod. after installation i tried packages page but it was not openning.. i can see only a white screen..

i uninstalled this mod.. then everything was fine.. i installed some more mods without any problem..

then i installed Optimus Brave and same thing happened again.. i was not able to get access to my Browse package mod... i need both the mods.. but i am having this problems.. and i thinik this has happened earlier as well... i cant remember mods though.. please help me with this :(

Thanks in advance :)

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

!RFAN

NanoSector

You can try reuploading fresh files that have 'package' in their name. Packages.php, that stuff. Located in Sources.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

!RFAN

!RFAN

i tried uploading fresh file .. now i was able to get access to package page.. i uninstalled a mod and then again i am experiencing this problem... i uploaded a fresh file again.. but now it is not working :(

Bigguy

Any other pages doing this on your forum or have you got this solved now. ???

!RFAN

i cant remember any page having this problem. i think no other page has this problem. and i'm still having this problem.. i install mod by applying complete address of Mod Installation(after uploading  mod file to Packages). I have an old packages.php file. when i apply this file it show an incomplete(broken) Browse Packages page.

Bigguy

Have you checked different browsers to see if it works in any others other than the one you use all the time. ???

!RFAN

i tried it on FF and Chrome.
i have tried it by going incognito on chrome.. but no luck
thanks for taking interest :)

Bigguy

Illori

any messages in your error log related to this?

Joker™

You should try seeing your server log also.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

!RFAN

Quote from: Bigguy on March 09, 2011, 08:01:35 AM
Are all permissions set right on your files and folders.

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

I have tried 666 and 644? Is it okay?

Quote from: Illori on March 09, 2011, 08:05:58 AM

there are many error of Eval but nothing related to Packages.php

Quote from: Joker™ on March 09, 2011, 09:50:10 AM
You should try seeing your server log also.

You mean error log in cpanel?? Nothing related to Packages.php :(

Thanks to all..

Arantor

What about Subs-Package.php, Admin.php, Packages.template.php?
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

Bigguy

Also, check with your host about what fie and folder permissions should be. Just wanted to throw that in as per your response to my earlier post. :)

Illori

Quote from: !RFAN on March 09, 2011, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: Illori on March 09, 2011, 08:05:58 AM

there are many error of Eval but nothing related to Packages.php

please try

in your admin panel, under server settings, and check Disable evaluation of templates, then tell us what the new error message is.

Tyrsson

Do you know how to check the server response when requesting that page so that we can find out if its a 200 ok - minus what should be present or if the server is reporting a 500 internal? This can be done with the HttpLive headers addon for firefox.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Tyrsson

Also can you link to a What is a phpinfo() file?

ETA: corrected post-
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

NanoSector

Advertisement: