News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Fatal error: Call to undefined function call_integration_hook()

Started by agent47, March 08, 2011, 01:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

So I installed a new theme which I'm assuming was for built for SMF RC5 on my SMF RC3 forum and it keeps bringing up this error whenever I click on a post:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function call_integration_hook() in /home/super849/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2415) : eval()'d code on line 162

Would someone be kind enough to help me fix this issue. Please don't ask me to upgrade to RC5 coz that's out of the question ATM as so many mods have been installed. So please guide me to fix this issue manually?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

SlammedDime

That theme isn't compatible with RC3.  So either upgrade to RC5 or find a theme that is compatible with RC3.  (or you need to work with the theme author to make the theme compatible with RC3 by posting in the theme's support topic).
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

agent47

So I asked the author of the theme if he can modify the theme for RC3 and this was his response:
Quote from: MLMWell, I don't know what needs to change, it should work but please ask how themes have changed from rc3 to rc5 on the SMF Coding section.

It works for rc4 and was coded for that but in the middle of dev rc5 came out so i just changed the theme_info.xml and it worked fine..

So please tell me what he has asked for so that I can pass the message onto him?

Arantor

call_integration_hook wasn't introduced until 2.0 RC4 and so it can't be used on 2.0 RC3, simple as that.

agent47

Arantor

Well, the thread's not open to guests, but unless you upgrade to at least RC4, the theme isn't going to work. I can't see the theme creator ripping out the code that is designed for the sole purpose of being reasonably version independent just for supporting a version that's a year old and has multiple security flaws, which were discovered after RC4 and that's why there's a patch for RC4 as well as an RC5 update.

agent47

Arantor

Let me guess, he's copied RC4 or RC5's MessageIndex.template.php or Display.template.php...?

agent47

I'm not quite sure. Could you tell me where the function is used so that I can tell him?

b4pjoe

What happens if you use the address

http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?theme=1

agent47

It the theme works perfectly fine except when I click on a post is when the error pops up.

agent47

In fact you guys can try it yourself: http://www.superheroalliance.net/index.php?theme=7

But please answer my question: Could you tell me where the function is used so that I can tell him?

Arantor

I already did... MessageIndex.template.php and Display.template.php if he copied either of those from the default 2.0 RC4 or RC5 theme. Trouble is, removing those lines breaks the functionality in them so you will have to remove it ONLY from your files, not from the theme as a whole.

Or, find yourself increasingly shut out from mods until you upgrade...

b4pjoe

Quote from: agent47 on March 09, 2011, 04:58:20 AM
In fact you guys can try it yourself: http://www.superheroalliance.net/index.php?theme=7

But please answer my question: Could you tell me where the function is used so that I can tell him?

Looks fine to me. No errors that I can see. Archway theme, right?

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Illori

Quote from: agent47 on March 09, 2011, 04:48:14 AM
It the theme works perfectly fine except when I click on a post is when the error pops up.

did you guys actually try to post?

b4pjoe

Quote from: Illori on March 09, 2011, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: agent47 on March 09, 2011, 04:48:14 AM

did you guys actually try to post?

No, I just clicked a post like the person said.

Arantor

The theme displayed to guests is not the theme that's broken.

Advertisement: