Problem with the SMF captcha

Started by akkkarki, April 28, 2011, 08:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akkkarki

Hello!

My problem is the following: I've installed SMF 1.1.11 to my site and in the registration page the captcha was wrong. (Only one letter appeared) So I've upgraded my forum to SMF 2.0 RC5, but the problem is still exists. I'm not using the default theme, but everything same in the default too. I don't know what should I do...Plz help!

Illori

when you go in the admin panel and click on support and credits, what does your server say for GD version?

i think this is an issue with your server configuration and not your smf install.

akkkarki

Illori

that should work just fine. what you could do if you feel comfortable, since CAPTCHA has been broken by bots, you could go and create some verification questions admin -> security and moderation -> anti-spam and then disable the CAPTCHA, this should help keep bots off your forum a bit better in the long run.

akkkarki

okay, maybe i'll try, but i wanna understand the problem...it isn't OK I think...

Illori

then contact your host and ask them to look into the issue.

akkkarki

But is it possible that the server configuration cause stupid errors like this?? ??? Aren't there any option to set the number of captcha letters? Anyway, i attach a picture...

Illori

i no longer see any option to change the CAPTCHA in 2.0, you can either have it enabled or disabled. also there was never an option for how many characters to show in the CAPTCHA.

akkkarki

i understand...and if i could change the settings of the server, what should i change?

Illori

i am not sure, which is why i suggest you ask your host to check their configuration as they would know best what may need to be changed.

akkkarki

Ok, thx for everything, and my last question is: Is there any chance that an antibot mod would solve my problem (if so, i'll maybe try to write it)

Illori

if you try what i suggested above you will not even need a mod for anti-bot reasons. the built in function there does a pretty good job.

akkkarki

Thx for all, it's working perfectly.. :) (Sry for the late answer, but it took a lot of time while i had guessed many silly questions ;))

Advertisement: