News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

Quoteand hey.. asteroids can be fun.. they spin..
I think you are correct!
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Iomega0318

UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

ApplianceJunk

Just check the download page, still nothing...

Going back outside to keep a eye on the sky, lol...

I don't really care if 2.0 final is released today or not, but I really i'm looking forward to when it does.

Once it's out and we all have it downloaded then what? :)

Iomega0318

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on May 31, 2011, 08:54:15 PM
Just check the download page, still nothing...

Going back outside to keep a eye on the sky, lol...

I don't really care if 2.0 final is released today or not, but I really i'm looking forward to when it does.

Once it's out and we all have it downloaded then what? :)
We go crazy about 3.0?

So I hear everyone talking about 2.0 Final and 2.0 Gold.. what's that about?
UOFreeshards.net
C.S. Lewis

twig/al

Technically, it is out... It is running on this very site... Now we just have to wait till they get it fine tuned for the rest of us... Question... Would you want a car that had just been assembled and not tested??? NOT ME!!!! I will wait, till it is ready...

Iomega0318

Quote from: twig/al on May 31, 2011, 09:03:22 PM
Technically, it is out... It is running on this very site... Now we just have to wait till they get it fine tuned for the rest of us... Question... Would you want a car that had just been assembled and not tested??? NOT ME!!!! I will wait, till it is ready...
True, and as long as it's new sure.. my car's a piece lol..
UOFreeshards.net
C.S. Lewis

SleePy

Who needs testing.  Just scrape something together call it gold and let the masses test it. :P
Oh wait.. That is Windows ideology, My bad.  ;D
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

InstilledBee

Quote from: SleePy on May 31, 2011, 09:08:04 PM

Who needs testing.  Just scrape something together call it gold and let the masses test it. 
Oh wait.. That is Windows ideology, My bad. 

LOL. :D

I do agree that it should be fine-tuned. We'll all be just as disappointed if it meets the deadline but doesn't meet the standards of the community. :) So I don't mind if it misses a day, week, month, year or century. :P For me (and possibly others), it is a big deal since I never got to install SMF 2.0 RCs/betas on a production environment (but I did get to try it out on this community, after all) since there's that big disclaimer of not running it as such.

Meanwhile I will go bring out my telescope and stare into night sky later for potential asteroids.
Kung Pinoy ka, at nababasa mo 'to, kabayan kita! ;)

Links:

MC73

Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Staind

am still a newbie here,running smf 1.1.13 in mine and it looks fine for me...but i lyk the look of this site...makes sense
Quote from: SleePy on May 31, 2011, 09:08:04 PM

Who needs testing.  Just scrape something together call it gold and let the masses test it. :P
Oh wait.. That is Windows ideology, My bad.  ;D
thats funny...
24 hrs a day...24 bottles in a crate what a coincidence???

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Robert.

I don't know why some people are lazy and can't read. The team says that they never announce release date's, because it's impossible to say. If they don't make it to their first deadline, then don't blame them. And if you do, take a look at the contribute page and donate. You can't blame volunteers for not releasing something.....

Powerbob

Whoa, slow down there  ;)

It has been stated that 2.0 would be released by the end of the month ............. It wasn't! That in itself is no big deal, it was expected  ;D

But please don't call people names for stating views. 

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Matthew K.

Would you stop being so negative, PLEASE? SMF 2.0 was supposed to be released by the end of the month if there were no asteroids, which there WERE. But a ton of progress was made, if you don't believe me, just look at the footer.
Quote from: Powerbob on June 01, 2011, 02:53:34 AM

It has been stated that 2.0 would be released by the end of the month ............. It wasn't! That in itself is no big deal, it was expected  ;D

Vekseid

Quote from: Powerbob on June 01, 2011, 02:53:34 AM

There's still a few hours left in some parts of the world >_>
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Powerbob

Quote............................if you don't believe me, just look at the footer

That is just cosmetic to me, it's not a public release is it!

oh BTW in my language it still says LLC  :P

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

MultiformeIngegno

How can you tell May is finished? May never ends! MHUAHAHAHAHA!! :P
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Storman™

Hey an asteroid DID nearly hit us !

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2011%20HP;orb=1

Ok, it was 0.0342 AU away (an AU is 150m km) but thats near enough for me as it equates to about 510,000km !

It was only a few hundred metres wide but I wouldn't want it in my backyard lol  ;)

[SiNaN]

It's unfortunate that we are now in June and there weren't any asteroids (the real/human Sinan says that this is actually fortunate) but we still haven't released SMF 2.0 final. I can understand your frustration. I apologize.

Although we had started the release process, we had to delay things a little bit more due to an unpleasant last minute surprise. We were notified that one of the important but not-so-popular features of SMF 2.0 wasn't working as expected. It requires fixing before we can stick the "final" label on this thing.

As soon as we deal with this last minute surprise, we will be releasing SMF 2.0 final and it's not as far as weeks, months, years from now but "these days". Thank you for your continued support and patience.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Arantor

Quotea little bit more due to an unpleasant last minute surprise

Care to elaborate?

Advertisement: