News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Group Moderators 1.4

Started by Dannii, July 25, 2005, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Link to Mod

This mod will allow you to add Group Moderators: members of your forum who have control of the specific groups you set them over. They can add and remove members from only these specific groups. Essential for large forums with multiple private boards and groups.

Copyright 2005-2006 - Please see licence.txt for details.

Project home page
Changelog

Possible Future plans
  • Group descriptions editable by group mods and admin.
  • Group applications.
  • display settings:
    • group overview visible to all/members/none (mods will always be able to view it)
    • number of members visible to all/members/none
    • member list visible to all/members/none (dependant on the above of course)
  • Incorporate the Colour Legend mod
  • Allowing groups to moderate a board.

Possibly more.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

stargazer_1017

Sounds great! Do you have any screenshots of this mod in action?

-Shayna

mennou

it didn't  work on my  beta3 public  forum

dtm.exe

Quote from: stargazer_1017 on July 25, 2005, 04:41:37 PM
Sounds great! Do you have any screenshots of this mod in action?

-Shayna

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40023.msg307258#msg307258

Quote from: mennou on July 25, 2005, 04:42:07 PM
it didn't  work on my  beta3 public  forum

It's for SMF 1.0.5 only.

-Dan The Man

mennou

can u make it for  beta..  ur mod sounds  nice.. lol i am curious to see how it works

Dannii

I'll be making it for beta.. well after I install beta :P I'll try and get it out as soon as possible.

Screenshots:

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

rhizome

Hey, this a really useful mod!
Look forward to 1.1 version

thanks

trenchteam

Group Moderators?  Can you explain a bit more. I never used phpBB so Im not sure what this does.

Dannii

It lets you set people who are moderators of particular groups. They then have the ability to manage their own group, without needing to have the moderate_membergroups permission. If they had that instead they could add and delete members to all groups, which is not wanted in most cases, and the alternative is an admin doing everything. This would be useful for gaming groups, or anything really where a group has a private board and the admin isn't really involved.

Dannii

Version 1.0b  is now ready for release
el_groupmods_10b.tar.gz
changelog.txt

This one should be 1.1 compatible now. Let me know if you come across bugs/problems in either version.

I still need to figure out how to do the uninstallation properlly :|

mennou

install nice but now  how can i see the mod on my site?

Dannii

In the admin panel go to manage member groups, and edit the ones you want, and add names to the group moderators field. Then go to index.php?action=groups to see the above.

Only groups for which you are mod will be shown. I'm admin at my forum, but I don't see any groups to manage (because they have their own proper leaders) unless i add myself for test purposes.

russ

Got it working fine :)

Could this script be adapted to show any member the ranks and which members are in the various ranks. kinda like a rank ladder?

Dannii

I'm not sure what you mean by a rank ladder, put probably not. This mod won't have anything to do with post count groups. But I do plan on adding features to show the list of members with editable permissions, as well as application services.

mazdago

how i can install this mod?

Dannii

Download and install through the package manager. 1.0b will install in both 1.0.5 and 1.1 beta 3 public

Dannii

Version 1.0c  is now ready for release
el_groupmods_10c.tar.gz
GroupMods_uninstall.php
changelog.txt

Minor update. No functionality change, I've just fixed it so the files will be removed on uninstallation.

GroupMods_uninstall.php is a simple tool I've written for you to permantely remove this mod. Please use it after uninstalling through the package manager. Only use it if you do not want to ever install this mod or a later version again.

mazdago

i tryed... but some files has to be chmod... what files?... thru package manager dont work... i cannot chmod becouse i dont know which files

Dannii

DangerGirl

This is the perfect mod for my gaming community.  But where does the Group Mod go to do his thing?  I registered a demo name and I don't see an Admin function anywhere.

Advertisement: