News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Wordpress 3.0+ User Integration

Started by SlammedDime, May 19, 2011, 06:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babygirlfl

Special thanks for this mod
However it is giving me this message when i try to connect to wordpress.

We found the following problems:
wp-login.php is not redirecting to SMF
Wordpress path is not writable by the webserver. We will not be able to make backups of modified Wordpress files

mousetopher

Quote from: thecoo1est on December 10, 2011, 05:58:29 PM
Okay I installed everything the basics are there, however when I click login Im redirected to smf login like its supposed to, login in it redirects me to my smf homepage, when I go back to blog Im not logged in, any suggestions as to what I need to look at?

EDIT: Okay the redirect issue seems okay now, but Its still not logging in on the wordpress blog and logging in from smf? I have seen this question asked many times in this thread but no one has even acknowledged it, any ideas?
Mod's working great on SMF 2.0.5 and WP 3.7.1 after manually updating the version number as suggested on the previous page. I installed on hxxp:forum.domain.com [nonactive] and connected it to WP on hxxp:domain.com/wp/ [nonactive] and had the issue described above - login is successful for the forum but not WP, which the OP addressed here:

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 09, 2011, 05:47:56 PM
I don't believe it will work right now.  I think a bug I haven't taken care of is that the wordpress cookie needs to be set on the whole domain, not just a sub, to work properly, and that isn't happening right now.
With this in mind, I was able to get it working with the described configuration by modifying WordpressBridge.php slightly - no guarantees as to whether or not this will work for anyone else or break anything, but it does seem to be working for me atm. I've attached the modified file for anyone who's interested! (Notepad++ has a great side by side file comparison feature for anyone who's interested in exactly what was changed.)

Great mod, thanks for it SlammedDime!

Theopt

Quote from: mousetopher on November 11, 2013, 07:47:56 PM
Quote from: thecoo1est on December 10, 2011, 05:58:29 PM
Okay I installed everything the basics are there, however when I click login Im redirected to smf login like its supposed to, login in it redirects me to my smf homepage, when I go back to blog Im not logged in, any suggestions as to what I need to look at?

EDIT: Okay the redirect issue seems okay now, but Its still not logging in on the wordpress blog and logging in from smf? I have seen this question asked many times in this thread but no one has even acknowledged it, any ideas?
Mod's working great on SMF 2.0.5 and WP 3.7.1 after manually updating the version number as suggested on the previous page. I installed on hxxp:forum.domain.com [nonactive] and connected it to WP on hxxp:domain.com/wp/ [nonactive] and had the issue described above - login is successful for the forum but not WP, which the OP addressed here:

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 09, 2011, 05:47:56 PM
I don't believe it will work right now.  I think a bug I haven't taken care of is that the wordpress cookie needs to be set on the whole domain, not just a sub, to work properly, and that isn't happening right now.
With this in mind, I was able to get it working with the described configuration by modifying WordpressBridge.php slightly - no guarantees as to whether or not this will work for anyone else or break anything, but it does seem to be working for me atm. I've attached the modified file for anyone who's interested! (Notepad++ has a great side by side file comparison feature for anyone who's interested in exactly what was changed.)

Great mod, thanks for it SlammedDime!

I'm not being able to set wordpress roles on smf, nothing shows up there

mousetopher

Quote from: Theopt on March 11, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
Odd, they work for me.

Theopt

Quote from: mousetopher on March 11, 2014, 05:54:56 PM
Odd, they work for me.

should I had applied ur fix before or after? Maybe I've missed some step :x

Install, apply wp-login fix and your's right?

mousetopher

Quote from: Theopt on March 11, 2014, 08:03:27 PM
Odd, they work for me.

Iunno, I'm not sure which wp-login fix you mean. I believe what I did was: dl the mod, change the version number, update WordpressBridge.php, install, link it to WP via the WP Bridge settings page in Admin, and voila.

It may be easier for you to install them on the same subdomain to start with (e.g. hxxp:domain.com/forum/ [nonactive] and hxxp:domina.com/wp/ [nonactive]) and see if you can get it working like that, before you experiment with running them on different subdomains.

Theopt

Quote from: mousetopher on March 12, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Quote from: Theopt on March 11, 2014, 08:03:27 PM
Odd, they work for me.

Iunno, I'm not sure which wp-login fix you mean. I believe what I did was: dl the mod, change the version number, update WordpressBridge.php, install, link it to WP via the WP Bridge settings page in Admin, and voila.

It may be easier for you to install them on the same subdomain to start with (e.g. hxxp:domain.com/forum/ [nonactive] and hxxp:domina.com/wp/ [nonactive]) and see if you can get it working like that, before you experiment with running them on different subdomains.

I did that. but when I login I dont get redirected to WP...
And I can't set up wordpress groups on the installer as well :x

Theopt

I've tried a fresh install but I still cant select wordpress roles. Why is that ? :|

joeyjojoshabadoo

Is there any hope this would work on 2.0.7 and the new wordpress 3.9?

mousetopher

Quote from: joeyjojoshabadoo on May 01, 2014, 08:14:39 PM
Is there any hope this would work on 2.0.7 and the new wordpress 3.9?
Probably, did you try?

Adrek

It works, but when you try to login for the first time (after enabling integration) you'll see message "Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again."
It's one time notice, after login all will be fine. Anyway, you should try it out on some test forum ;)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Westwegoman

Just an FYI...

Just installed this with WP 3.9.1 and SMF 2.0.7 and seems to be working as it should.

I did get the following error on the settings page.
wp-login.php is not redirecting to SMF

Once I clicked the button for "Adjust WordPress wp-login.php file" it went away.

jacodema

Has anyone had any luck with 2.0.8? Attempting to install now. Does not let me initially due to incompatibility.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ViewFromTheBoundary

I'm having the same issues as above except I'm on 2.0.9 when a new user signs up to my forum it creates a duplicate WP user but when current users login it isn't always working. Any ideas how to solve this?

ViewFromTheBoundary

When I'm logged into SMF I get this on WP

Jade Elizabeth

Is it possible for this mod to be updated? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

JBlaze

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on March 27, 2016, 02:34:09 AM
Is it possible for this mod to be updated? :)
Not unless SlammedDime either updates it or gives permission for someone else to do it :(
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Jade Elizabeth

I sent him a PM so here's to hoping!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

JBlaze

QuoteLast Active: 23 July 2014, 23:54:20

Good luck! :P
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: