News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mass Delete a users post

Started by Felix J, May 22, 2011, 07:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix J

Hello

I have spammer issues.

Ok here is the deal... I deleted the account, but the posts is still there. So how can I now delete the posts of the user?? smf v2

Maybe someone could move this to v2 support board? Sorry for the wrong choice of board. A mistake from my side.

CapadY

Create a new account
Add all posts of the spammer to that new account via Amin - Maintenance - Forum Maintenance - Topics
Go to the new members profile
Choose Actions - Delete Account
Enable the option to also delete all posts and topics
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Felix J

Quote from: CapadY on May 22, 2011, 10:20:04 AM
Create a new account
Add all posts of the spammer to that new account via Amin - Maintenance - Forum Maintenance - Topics
Go to the new members profile
Choose Actions - Delete Account
Enable the option to also delete all posts and topics

Ok, but I don't understand what to do while at the "Topics" page within admin?

Felix J

Why does this seems so 'complicated' to do??!!  ???

Felix J

Can someone please help me further with this issue?

Thanks!

CapadY

Please dont bump within 24 hours. It's because my message was finished before is saw it otherwise I would have ignored this topic.

Quote from: Felix J on May 22, 2011, 12:01:44 PM
I think because you didn't it the right way when you delete that member.

When you had delete that member the first time via Member profile - actions you should have the possibility to remove all his post/topics immediatly.

Oke, my fold. It should be Admin - Maintenance - Forum Maintenance - Members.

Here you can reatribute User Posts.

Felix J

Quote from: CapadY on May 22, 2011, 01:52:57 PM
Please dont bump within 24 hours. It's because my message was finished before is saw it otherwise I would have ignored this topic.

Quote from: Felix J on May 22, 2011, 12:01:44 PM
I think because you didn't it the right way when you delete that member.

When you had delete that member the first time via Member profile - actions you should have the possibility to remove all his post/topics immediatly.

Oke, my fold. It should be Admin - Maintenance - Forum Maintenance - Members.

Here you can reatribute User Posts.

Ok, but being at the member page I can read this - "Attribute posts to member: "

What to write in there?

Nwm... Got confused for some reason... but I understand now.

Ok, last but not least... Where do I find the delete posts thing? I am currently looking at the user profile.

CapadY

User profile - Actions - Delete this account.

There you will find an option to also delete all of the posts/topics of that specific user.

Felix J

Quote from: CapadY on May 22, 2011, 02:05:49 PM
User profile - Actions - Delete this account.

There you will find an option to also delete all of the posts/topics of that specific user.

Hmmmm, for some reason nothing happens when I choose the option - "Topics and Posts" and then press the "Delete" button.  ???

No kind of message either after pressing the Delete button. I just get back to the front-end page (Home page of site)

...and if checking - "Delete this member's account." too, then only the member account gets deleted and no threads or posts.

I still need help.

Sir Osis of Liver

You've already deleted the original account without deleting messages/topics, so the spammer's messages/topics are still on your board.  As per CapadY's first reply above, you have to register a new user and transfer the spam posts to the new user.  Then you can delete the new user and all of his (formerly the spammer's) messages/topics.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

hcfwesker

You could also goto phpMyadmin (if you have that option) in your cPanel, under smf_messages and search for the posts made by that member id , then chose to remove them all at one click.

Felix J

Quote from: Krash. on May 22, 2011, 03:47:29 PM
You've already deleted the original account without deleting messages/topics, so the spammer's messages/topics are still on your board.  As per CapadY's first reply above, you have to register a new user and transfer the spam posts to the new user.  Then you can delete the new user and all of his (formerly the spammer's) messages/topics.

Exacly that is what I've been trying to do. However the threads or posts wont disapear after clicking the delete button. I am starting to believe this is a bug or anyone know if I am doing something wrong?

Quote from: hcfwesker on May 22, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
You could also goto phpMyadmin (if you have that option) in your cPanel, under smf_messages and search for the posts made by that member id , then chose to remove them all at one click.

Yes, I could. However, I would like to feel comfortable with the admin panel and I can't say I am at that stage yet most of all due to this issue...

Sir Osis of Liver

There are two places you can delete a member. 

Admin -> Members displays the member list, and you can delete a member from the list, but you don't have the option to delete the member's posts.  If you click on the username instead, you'll go to  Profile Info, with an Actions tab up top, which has the "Delete this account" option.  This gives you a dropmenu that allows you to delete all messages/topics.  You must transfer all of the spammer's posts to the new user account before you delete it.

- R. Waters

CapadY

Did you do a check if all Spam messages where connected to the new user before deleting the new user ?

Quit simple by showing the new member profile and select "Show all messages".
When they where not connected they shouldn't be deleted too.

Felix J

Quote from: CapadY on May 22, 2011, 05:39:41 PM
Did you do a check if all Spam messages where connected to the new user before deleting the new user ?

Quit simple by showing the new member profile and select "Show all messages".
When they where not connected they shouldn't be deleted too.

Yes. The spam messages is/was connected to the new user.

The new user is called "test".

http://test.calculusforums.com

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Members -> View All Members

Click on Username

Actions -> Delete this account

Remove posts made by this member: -> Topics and Posts

Check Delete this member's account

Delete

- R. Waters

live627

DELETE FROM smf_members
WHERE member_name = 'test'

Felix J

Quote from: Krash. on May 23, 2011, 12:03:28 AM
Admin -> Members -> View All Members

Click on Username

Actions -> Delete this account

Remove posts made by this member: -> Topics and Posts

Check Delete this member's account

Delete

As I stated earlier, that is exacly what I have done. All that happens is after clicking on the delete button is that I get back to home page (main page) of site. With the user and all the spam messages connected to that user still there...

CapadY

Quote from: live627 on May 23, 2011, 12:38:51 AM
DELETE FROM smf_members
WHERE member_name = 'test'

This query won't remove any spam message, while thats is what we are trying to do.

Sir Osis of Liver

IIRC, you have approx. 100 posts attached to "Test".  For the amount of time you've put into this, you'd probably be better off just deleting the posts one at a time.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: