News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

"Out of Nowhere" Error Messages

Started by AtariKid, July 26, 2005, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtariKid

This morning, my forum (integrated MKPortal and SMF 1.0.5.) was working fine.  Recently, I went back to it and all I saw was:
QuoteNotice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php on line 556

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php on line 563

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php on line 563
session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php:232)

/home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 232:
if (isset($GLOBALS['db_show_debug']) && $GLOBALS['db_show_debug']

/home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php on line 556
This entire line is blank.

/home/domain/public_html/forum/Sources/Security.php on line 563
}

Can someone please help?  Thanks in advance!
Rawk on dude!
SMF 1.1 RC1 | MKP 1.1 Rc1

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

AtariKid

Wow!  I uploaded the new Subs.php and got my forum back.  Thanks!  :D

Uh-oh ...  I uploaded the "php-411.4.0-compat.tar.gz"

Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Failure

Should I change the file permissions to 777?  They are set to 644.
Rawk on dude!

xenovanis

If you uploaded the new Subs.php there is no need to install the package as well. The reason the packagemanager failed is because you already uploaded the new file, so I couldn't find where to make the change.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

AtariKid

Ah, that makes perfect sense. 

I seem to have lost some things on the new file.  For example, the MKPortal menus are missing from the sides (left and right) as well as the top navigation bars and banner. 
Rawk on dude!

xenovanis

Well, I don't know how MKPortal integration works, but it may very well be that any modifications in order to make it work were in Subs.php and you'll need to add these modifications again.

AtariKid

Thanks for your help.  I'll take this to the MKPortal discussion board to seek the modifications to the new Subs.php.  At least now I have my forum back, and to that I am grateful.
Rawk on dude!

Advertisement: