247portal Themes

Started by xenovanis, July 27, 2005, 10:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkerBB

Quote from: Kindred on August 01, 2005, 10:14:51 AM
ummm....   what?

These themes are themes for use in SMF only!

They are intended to be combined with the standard (unmodified) 24/7 Portal Mambo template available on mamboforge.
The 24/7 portal template must be acquired and installed on your own... it is not part of these packages.

Oh? So that settles it. I was thinking it works like the Bridge, installing it in both SMF and Mambo. Sorry, next to the bridge, this is the second thing I will have to install to SMF/Mambo. Some more time, I'll achieve some sort of mastery on these 2 products. Thanks for the clarification.

DazUlrich

Hi Xenovanis,

thanks for the great theme - they just made my day.

One thing I noticed when using IE 6. the width of SMF component block is 1-2 pixel narrower than the rest of the page (mambo "header" and "footer")   

You can see this on your own test zone!
I can't do screen shots at the moment, just check on the right hand side the jump in the shadow just underneath the date.
Could be my IE....

FF renders this ok.

Daz

xenovanis

I'll look into that. I believe it does the same in Firefox, and when I tried to use full widht Mambo 'ate' the lines on the left and right.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Aravot

I am sure most must know, but I came across these life savers today, xenovanis might make your job easier

Web Accessibility Toolbar - IE
http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/toolbar/index.html

Web Developer Extension - FF
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60

kdizzle

xenovanis,

You rock man!  I use the green2 theme.  Is there a chance you will make that theme for smf? 

Maybe I can import them from the template theme?

xenovanis

Quote from: kdizzle on August 03, 2005, 03:07:40 PM
xenovanis,

You rock man!  I use the green2 theme.  Is there a chance you will make that theme for smf? 

What is green2 theme? I can't find it anywhere?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Aravot

Quote from: xenovanis on August 03, 2005, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: kdizzle on August 03, 2005, 03:07:40 PM
xenovanis,

What is green2 theme? I can't find it anywhere?

Perhaps this one
247ColorpackII

kdizzle

I am sorry about that I meant

The 247portal-b-green2 theme.  The greens are darker.

xenovanis

Okay, that wouldn't be a problem. I see what I can do.

kdizzle

lurkerBB

I'm happy with the bloody red.

DazUlrich

@xenovanis, can we mod the color schemes ourselves ? or do you want to keep control the template?

I would use "background-position" to shift the green gradient background gif in the CSS , getting a darker green gradient. as for the text, just look at the portal theme CSS for used green....

[edit]: position not offset... doh

xenovanis

Quote from: DazUlrich on August 04, 2005, 05:22:24 AM
@xenovanis, can we mod the color schemes ourselves ? or do you want to keep control the template?

Sure, if you wish, yo can change it for your own use.

Quote from: DazUlrich on August 04, 2005, 05:22:24 AM
I would use "background-position" to shift the green gradient background gif in the CSS , getting a darker green gradient. as for the text, just look at the portal theme CSS for used green....

[edit]: position not offset... doh

I'm not sure what you mean by backgroundpostition and background gif. I'm also not sure what you mean by 'as for the text', as for the text it does already uses the css of the mambo-template...

DazUlrich

ok, what I meant is the following.

in your CSS you have

/* The category headers, page indexes, and such things. */
.catbg
{
   font-weight: bold;
   text-transform: uppercase;
   background-color: #0066CC;
   background-image: url(images/catbg.gif);
   color: #ffffff;

the catbd.gif is a colored gradient with diffent colors for the differnt themes / white - color - black.
as the height of the cat headers is smaller than the hight of the gif, only a section is shown if you shift the gif using background position, you can display a darker part of the gradient.

This is used in rhuk planetfall to create the changing manu bullet color hover effect...

a.mainlevel:link, a.mainlevel:visited {
   background: url(../images/menu_bullet.png) no-repeat;
   vertical-align: middle;
   font-size: 11px;
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #ff6600;
   text-align: left;
   padding-left: 15px;
   height: 18px;
   margin-bottom: 1px;
}

a.mainlevel:hover {
   background-position: 0px -20px;
   text-decoration: none;
   color: #ffffff;

When hovering the background picture position is changed - there fore a differt part of the gif displayed....

I used your green theme and changed background picture position and background colors and just added

background-position: 0px -20px; to the catbg definition.

http://www.railwayunionhc.com/hockey-forums [nofollow]

And you are are of course correct, the text colors are taken from template CSS.

(And yes, I know thI have a bug in the tables in my header - hadn't had time to fix it...)

Daz.

xenovanis

Sure, no problem. You can change it anyway you want.  ;)

kdizzle

Wow xenovanis,

That green2 looks so good on your test site!

You have done some awesome things with mambo and smf!

xenovanis

Quote from: kdizzle on August 05, 2005, 12:32:27 PM
Wow xenovanis,

That green2 looks so good on your test site!

You have done some awesome things with mambo and smf!

Thanks.  :) It's done and attached to the first post now.

kdizzle

Thank you xenovanis,

I downloaded it but my server isn't resolving from the machine I am on so I will upload it later.

xenovanis

I've replaced the downloads in the first post with new packages:

• /style.css: I forgot to correct the .hr color in style.css  :-[
  • /images/bar.gif: Changed the color of the bars in statistics (grey)
  • /Display.template.php: I noticed that avatars were not loading well in Display.template.php, solved by adding the Display.template.php of the classic theme.

You can either uninstall the theme and install this one or upload the changed files from the new package to your Themes/Portalxxx directory to overwrite the old ones.

Nitro

sorry guys, i cannot find the topics about MOD and how they should work with your theme? can someone help me find these please? i want to use the yellow theme, but i have several SMF MODs installed and i am affraid these MOD will stop working.

any information i appreciate it. thank you guys and these are very NICE themes!!! speciall the yellow one which would blen PERFECTLY with the 247 yellow theme for my mambo, thanks!
MPF Rocks!!!

Advertisement: