News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Signature Limits Settings Mod

Started by SMF Customization Team, November 05, 2006, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Sorry to hear it didn't help (if you tried, or so I understand).
In any case, this is standard feature in SMF 2.0, as opposed to a mod in 1.1.x, and can be used without installing anything then, after you will eventually make the switch.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

coolfx350

This mod works great.

one question, I have resized everyone's signature to 200 pixels, but now I am changing my mind, I want to increase it to 250 pixels, but when i click on

"Note that settings are not applied to existing signatures by default. Click here  to apply rules to all existing signatures."

it doesn't do anything.  Can you apply this more than once?

KensonPlays

You should be able. When you click on it, did you go to ur profile settings to check?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

CaptainDEEZ

Quote from: xcrazyxfrogx on November 06, 2006, 04:02:37 AM
i installed this mod 2 times accidentaly now i got message whenever i try to access ADMIN cannot redeclare bla bla bla at line bla bla bla can some one tell me what files does it modify and what entries shld i remove from each file thanx  :)

Edit:- U know what screw this it needs improvement so i uninstalled it :(

So how do you fix it when you accidentally do this?  I ran across this issue as well.
But here's what I'm getting now.  It was just blocking access to the admin section at first.

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Kindred

when you get the redeclare error, it means that you installed (at least) twice.
You will have to manually go through the edited files and remove the duplicated code(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CaptainDEEZ

I manually went through the files and deleted duplicate information.
And then for some reason my database was gone.

I just had my hosting company do a restore on my site.

Kindred

your DATABASE was gone?

There is nothing in SMF at all that can do that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CaptainDEEZ

I think it just happened at the wrong time.
I just had my hosting company restore from a backup.  Then I installed a bunch of mods.
I deleted their backup directory after everything was running smooth.
Then installed a couple more mods.  And then I had an error with that mod, and boom the database said 0kb.
It must have still been in or attached somehow to the backup directory they made before the restore.

Paracelsus

Quote from: Norv on March 09, 2010, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: martin-cloud on February 20, 2010, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: DarkCo0oL on February 11, 2010, 11:43:29 PM
Quote from: c a g a t a y on July 03, 2009, 05:30:47 PM
Note that settings are not applied to existing signatures by default. Click here to apply rules to all existing signatures.

not working for me :(

Me too.

I have the same error!
I need this mod on!

Can you please tell, did you first save the new settings, then clicked "here" to apply the current settings to all?
It worked for me just fine, doing this. With no modification.
If not, please can you tell exactly what settings were before and after, and weren't applied?

This specific feature has been broken ever since, I think. The script goes on to 2 or 4% and then it just stops and nothing happens, meaning for instance, if you set font-size limits they won't be apllied to the existing signatures. As for new signatures, the MOD works fine and does what is supposed to do.

It can't be that difficult to update/correct this little bug, could you guys please take a look at that part of the code and try to fix it?

SeaChaser

New question on this mod or maybe it's already noted in the 19 pages of posts.

I want to eliminate images in signatures but with this mod I can't set it to zero as that is the default for 'no limit' on images. Any thoughts on how to eliminate images in signatures?

TIA,
-SeaChaser.

IchBin™

You can't just remove the img BBC tag option?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

3pidemiC

Hello.

Sorry to bump this old topic...

I am using SMF 1.1.16. I have uninstall/reinstalled this package a couple of times without any trouble. The problem is that it does not show up in Features and Options.

Any ideas on why it's not there. I realize that this is probably something simple, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IchBin™

You should have a tab that is added to the menu when you are in the features and options section. Can you post a screenshot when you are on that page?

Also, does the mod show that it is installed in the package manager?

3pidemiC

Would it have anything to do with file permissions? This same problem seems to be happening with most mods that I am installing.

IchBin™

That is probably what the problem is, especially if you are having the same or similar problems with other mods. If you can't install the package through the package manager, you may have to try to install it manually.

3pidemiC

Quote from: IchBin™ on March 18, 2012, 04:26:31 PM
That is probably what the problem is, especially if you are having the same or similar problems with other mods. If you can't install the package through the package manager, you may have to try to install it manually.

It appears to install fine with the package manager (I get all of the confirmation messages), but it just doesn't show up where it's supposed to in the admin area.

IchBin™

Quote from: 3pidemiC on March 18, 2012, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: IchBin™ on March 18, 2012, 04:26:31 PM

It appears to install fine with the package manager (I get all of the confirmation messages), but it just doesn't show up where it's supposed to in the admin area.
As I stated if the mod appears installed and its not its really a server problem. Especially if that happens with other mods. You'll have to install manually, or figure out why your server is not editing all the files.

Biology Forums

Excellent modification, thank you.

Advertisement: