Creating someone a moderator without access to boards/categories

Started by desibees, July 27, 2011, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desibees

Hi,
Im an admin, Can I give access to my Global moderators to make other people moderator of the boards but not being able to manage board and categories? the reason I dont want this is because I dont want them to end up deleting everything one day.
When they try to make someone moderator, It asks them for the access to the boards and categories.
so Is it possible? IF yes, how

---------------- If it is not possible ---------------------

How can I create a backup in my database of the boards/categories only?
so if 1 day anything happens, i can easy restore it keeping the update of members and posts

Please help.

Thankyou

I'm the.. Help abuser

Illori

no you can not do that. you should just do a weekly backup from phpmyadmin as any good admin does.

desibees

way back then, I heard there was a mod that does this automaticly for you. Is that right?
If yes would you please provide me the mod name? I couldnt find it without the name.

I'm the.. Help abuser

Jakob Fel

Couldn't you just give moderators the permission Manage and Assign Membergroups, but not Manage boards and categories?
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Kindred

the thing is - moderators are set in the BOARD, not by setting a membergroup...    so, the simple answer is no...   you can not make a user a moderator of a specific board without having access to edit that board in the admin.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jakob Fel

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought that the OP was asking to allow Global Mods permission to manage the membergroups. :P
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Xarcell

This used to a mod, that hasn't been updated since RC3. Someone like a Membergroup Manager.

Kindred

However, once again, moderators are not actually a membergroup like the rest....moderators can onlybe assigned in the board settings.z
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Xarcell

Quote from: Kindred on July 27, 2011, 10:51:45 PM
However, once again, moderators are not actually a membergroup like the rest....moderators can onlybe assigned in the board settings.z

Yes, you are correct.

I was merely stating that there is a membergroup moderator mod. This would suit his needs for what his intentions are, but I could be wrong. I have not tried emulating it for 2.0 Final. so I do not know if it works.

Kindred

No, it won't do for the OP.  he wants to assign moderators.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: