News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Maintaining translation up to date ?

Started by ep98, February 19, 2011, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ep98

Is it possible and how can maintain the changes between 2.0 RC5 and 2.0RC6 ?
May The Source Be With You !

Dzonny

RC5 is the lastest version of smf, and i dont really understand your question.
Can you please be more specific?
Translators are taking care for translations pack, and theres no need to worry about that.

ep98

Some translators did a lot of crap work, translators using Automated services like Google translators can't be called even losers. SMF makes a lot of changes on the language files in every release, where this changes can be viewed, are they commented in the language files ? Or do you plan build-in translation module like MyBB ?

Regarding translators - Can you Translate Add forum as Add Category, Add Section, Add board and all this 3 for a simple task to make Category, main board and sub board ?

Or to translate profile as Edit Profile, or to translate POST as POST, or ACCOUNT AS ACCOUNT or to left 90% of the prepared package in English ?

Dzonny

ep98, all translators do their best help this community, and they do it for free.
Notice that translating isnt so easy as it seems to be, and notice that everyone can help.
If you have some suggestions you can contact your language translators or you can even join translators teem to improve translation for your language.

If you have futher questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.

ep98

The question is only one.
How to keep an eye on changes between two versions, for example RC5 to Final.
And all of my work is free too.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtlt [nofollow]
http://cmsbg.info [nofollow]

The simple was simply to answer my question, instead to redirect me to people which don't respect they're own language, what left for the quality of work.

SMF 2.0 RC5 is non-understandable in Bulgarian, bcz one word is translated in 5 variants.
Keep good work with "your language translators". I'll find the way to keep eye on changes, probably will use Winmerge.
Feel free to delete this thread. Case closed - I've got useless answers.

Dzonny

You can follow changes by comparing language packs for RC5 and 2.0 final (for example).
There is no other way. because 2.0 wont have manually instructions for upgrade, so you cant see changes on that way.

ep98

GravuTrad

Smf translators have a smf tool for this. They can update the changes only with it.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

ep98

Can I have this tool too without being counted as translator here ?

Dzonny

Quote from: ep98 on July 24, 2011, 01:33:39 AM
Can I have this tool too without being counted as translator here ?
No, only members from translators group have access to Language editor. If you're interested in joining  translating team please firstly read this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=258872.0

Regards.

ep98

Well, from https://www.transifex.net/ [nofollow] already works on the task, to import your language files there, once task is done this tool will be obsolete.
Thanks for awful cooperation....

So a man which don't respect his own language is Titled and protected by you ? Wow, this is very disappointing. Have fun with this outdated, misspelled translations.

Dzonny

ep98 i think that you misunderstood something.

As i said, anyone can help with translating smf into their language, but they firstly have to join the translators team. In order to do that, i pointed you to SMF is searching for translators! topic. If you would like to help us with translate smf to your language, we are more than happy to see you in the translation team.
However, we can't grant you access to Language Editor without you firstly join the team.

If you have any further questions let us know.

Regards,
Dzonny

Advertisement: