News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Your session has timed out

Started by Masrit, August 24, 2011, 01:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masrit

Hey. Every time I try to post it says

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Also when I try to log out it says

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

MC73

Try this first .... Try emptying out your cache in Maintenance ....  do the same thing to your browser if it still happens
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Masrit

I did all it did was log me out. Didn't fix anything.

kat

Try going to admin>Server settings and renaming the cookie.

If you're using Opera, get used to it, coz it seems to have an annoying bug, that makes it do that, sadly. :(

Masrit

I would love to get into admin mode so I could back up.
But it says

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I had the settings so you have to retype in your password for admins so if they leave it on their little brothers or anyone else couldn't mess with it.

kat

Backup from your CPanel>files>backups.

"Databases" does the... er... database(s). "Home directory" saves your site, itself.

rawlogic

Is this a new install with SMF 2.0?

If so, this is most likely the issue:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=447598.0

If you don't fix the issue, you will have to clear your cookies for the site in order to try again and keep trying until you're lucky enough to get a session without , or -.

Masrit

It does but they had a glitch in the server so its all lost. And it isn't the lastest update. I didn't have time yet to update it.

kat

What are you bumping for?

I made a couple of suggestions and you've not told us what happened.

Masrit

kat

You can rename the cookie by editing Settings.php, I believe.

$cookiename = 'SMFCookie10'; # Name of the cookie to set for authentication.

Keep a copy of the original, as a backup, just in case.

Masrit

It didn't fix it It was
$cookiename = 'SMFCookie223';      # Name of the cookie to set for authentication.
And I changed it to

$cookiename = 'SMFCookie52';      # Name of the cookie to set for authentication.

And it still messed up

Masrit

That is interesting. But not what is happening. It won't even let you log out when you press it. It says verification failed please log out. And I'm trying to log out

Also I just added a new section to my website. so its now /simplemachinesforum to see if I could re install it and just use my backup to restore.

It has the same problem with the restore but not if the forum is brand new.

kat

Let's try to isolate this.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Is it the same, if you do that?

Masrit

I use Firefox and I just tried safari and google chrome. Many of my members use different internet browsers and its all the same.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi Masrit, is this still an ongoing issue or have you been able to fix this? :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Masrit

Hey sorry, haven't been on here in a while and forgot to mark it solved >.<

Advertisement: