News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Looking to bridge or integrate with SMF?

Started by SlammedDime, February 22, 2009, 06:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

How do I bridge or integrate with SMF?
The first step is learning about the integration hooks that SMF has built in.  If you have questions to a specific hook, we have a discussion in progress that may have the answer to your question.  You can also ask questions in our Portals, Bridges, and Integrations board.

Where can I find a bridge between SMF and my software?
Feel free to look on our Bridge download page for our current officially released bridges.

I can't find a bridge with my software on the download page, what do I do?
If you are unable to locate a bridge for your software, it may be possible that we simply don't know about it, or haven't had a chance to create it yet.  You have two options: one is to start digging into the code and create an integration, or you may request a bridge.  Before requesting a bridge, please search first to see if there have been any prior discussions for that piece of software.  A bridge may not be possible due to licensing restrictions or programmatic reasons.

I've heard so much about SMF and Gallery2, yet I don't see a bridge for it on the download page.  Help!?
Never fear, we haven't forgot about you.  Take a look at the integration topic by Oldiesmann.

Are there any tools available to make this integration stuff easier?
Sounds like a great idea.  Recently, andre nickatina has been working on tools to do just that. In case you would like to try his tools, have a look at his New tools to help integrating SMF with something else

Edit by AngelinaBelle on September 19, 2011: Added link to andre nickatina's tools
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: