Remove old / previous warnings ?

Started by MoreBloodWine, October 07, 2011, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Is there a way to remove Previous Warnings & set the increment to something other than 5% ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

So no ideas on either the removed old / test warnings or the incrment thing ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

24hr / page 3 bump.

So no one has any idea on this ? I tried searching the DB but I obviously missed where this info is stored.

ACAMS

There needs to be a timer on the warn, because I have muted members, then forgot about them myself!

I see no way to set a time for warn.

Illori

admin -> security and moderation -> moderation Warning points to decrement from users every 24 hours

that is the only option to do what you want without a mod.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2011, 05:19:20 PM
admin -> security and moderation -> moderation Warning points to decrement from users every 24 hours

that is the only option to do what you want without a mod.
I know I can do that but what I want to do is have Previous / Expired warnings removed that I tested with.

Test 1 +5
Test 1 Removed -5

Persons warnind level is now 0 but those "old" warnings still show. I gues for lack of a better word I want to clear the slate so there's nothing under previous warnings.

Illori

only way is a query of the database, but since the user can not view their warnings i dont really see the need unless the table is getting large.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2011, 05:47:33 PM
only way is a query of the database, but since the user can not view their warnings i dont really see the need unless the table is getting large.
I thought users could see their own warnings. Still unclear on how the system works, like if users are notified when they receive one but in any event. I'd still like to clear them for sake of simplicity because I did alot of testing lol.

So ya, if you know what that query would be to clear previous warnings I'd appreciate knowing what it is ;-)

Ty.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 10, 2011, 05:54:43 PM
I thought users could see their own warnings. Still unclear on how the system works, like if users are notified when they receive one but in any event. I'd still like to clear them for sake of simplicity because I did alot of testing lol.

So ya, if you know what that query would be to clear previous warnings I'd appreciate knowing what it is ;-)

Ty.
So any chance on getting that query please provided someone knows it ?

Ty.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 PM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 10, 2011, 05:54:43 PM

Ty.
So any chance on getting that query please provided someone knows it ?

Ty.
Page five bump...

Anyone ?

MoreBloodWine

Ok, so no one knows what this qquery would be ?

ACAMS

If you set them to drop 100% per day, they will all be clear tomorrow.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: ACAMS on October 17, 2011, 06:22:48 PM
If you set them to drop 100% per day, they will all be clear tomorrow.
I know but even when a person is set to 0% (no warnings) all previous awarnings be it + or - ones are still listed as previous warnings. Thats what I want to remove.

Illori

the entries are stored in the {prefix}log_comments table, you can delete the rows from there, or truncate the table to remove them all, otherwise you can do a query for those applied to a specific user id and remove only those.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Illori on October 19, 2011, 10:22:42 AM
the entries are stored in the {prefix}log_comments table, you can delete the rows from there, or truncate the table to remove them all, otherwise you can do a query for those applied to a specific user id and remove only those.
Thx for that, one other thing... I'll be the first to admit I don't know alot about SQL which will be evident by the following query. In any event, I use this query to reset tables all the time and it works but I tried to mod it to reset a row inside of a table. Namely id_comment in smf_log_comment, in any event... there seems to be an erroy in my query and I was wondering if you might help correct it, Ty.

Query: ALTER TABLE smf_log_comments ROW id_comment AUTO_INCREMENT=5;

Error:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ROW id_comment AUTO_INCREMENT=5' at line 1

Oldiesmann

What are you trying to do exactly? In MySQL, the AUTO_INCREMENT operator either specifies that a column should be auto-incremented, or tells MySQL what value to start the incrementing with. Normally you don't need to do that unless you want to re-use old IDs.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 19, 2011, 02:50:41 PM
What are you trying to do exactly? In MySQL, the AUTO_INCREMENT operator either specifies that a column should be auto-incremented, or tells MySQL what value to start the incrementing with. Normally you don't need to do that unless you want to re-use old IDs.
Thats what I want to do, reuse the old ID's taken up by my test bed of warnings that have since been permanently wiped.

Illori

if you truncate the table it will do exactly what you want, and the id's used have no barring on anything

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Illori on October 19, 2011, 02:56:44 PM
if you truncate the table it will do exactly what you want, and the id's used have no barring on anything
I didn't truncate the table because I had spam questions in there, I just opened up the table and deleted the stuff I needed to delete. I'd rather use a query to reset the ID's but if I have to I'll just delete the id_comment row and recreate it where the ID's will be reset any way. Resetting the ID's is just a personal preference / quirk of mine.

Illori

well if you do it manually you will break the connection to it elsewhere, so unless you know what you are doing dont do it.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Illori on October 19, 2011, 03:03:33 PM
well if you do it manually you will break the connection to it elsewhere, so unless you know what you are doing dont do it.
So what (not the smart ass so what), your saying the ID's of id_comment are linked to other tables / rows or whatever ?

In either event it still boils down to a personal preference / quirk of mine so I would still love to reset the ID's, preferrably without screwing something up which is what I gather your trying to suggest I would do even if I ran the right query or whatever.

Joker™

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 19, 2011, 03:01:55 PM
I didn't truncate the table because I had spam questions in there, I just opened up the table and deleted the stuff I needed to delete. I'd rather use a query to reset the ID's but if I have to I'll just delete the id_comment row and recreate it where the ID's will be reset any way. Resetting the ID's is just a personal preference / quirk of mine.

Tbh resetting an auto increment column may break out some other things. Any specific reason you are trying to do that?

I have seen a lot of users doing this and later on facing issues like duplicate keys etc etc.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Illori

the query you suggested on the prior page would not even fix the problem it would make it worse, try to learn about php and mysql then learn about how smf code works along with that table then you can go ahead and create a proper query in all the related tables to fix the problem

Advertisement: