I want some big help here...

Started by ste hughes, November 05, 2011, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ste hughes

There are people on my forum I don't want on my forum.

I've been using an IP redirect that redirects their IP to another website when they go on my forum.

Until they started to use proxies.

Now i don't want to ban them, thats not fun enough in my book.

So is there a way I can redirect certain usernames on the forum to go to another website instead of the IP?

^SITS^

Why don't you just ban the usernames?

ste hughes

boring!

I want to redirect them to somewhere else.

NanoSector

Quote from: ste hughes on November 05, 2011, 04:49:06 PM
Now i don't want to ban them, thats not fun enough in my book.
;)

On topic:
Try and see if this one installs on your forum. If it does, you can have a great laugh with your annoying users ::)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2232

It has the ability to redirect users.

Oh, but first and always, make backups! Without them, beautiful forums would be lost :(
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

^SITS^

Install Tor Blocker.  That will put a big stop to some of the proxies being used.

NanoSector

Quote from: ^SITS^ on November 05, 2011, 05:00:15 PM
Install Tor Blocker.  That will put a big stop to some of the proxies being used.
Do you have a link? 'cuz I can't find it :(

And if I do remember correctly, that mod blocks proxy's, but that doesn't redirect them.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

^SITS^

No it doesn't redirect them.  Let me find it.

^SITS^

They will get bored with being redirected after a while.  Just deny their ip in your .htaccess file and they shouldn't be able to access your site at all.

ste hughes

unfortunately annoy people looks perfect but will not install on my version of SMF. (2.0.1)

blocking them in my HTC access is boring I want to toy with them...

they have an obsession with stuff that has happened.

they are my toy things

^SITS^

Did you try installing it with version emulation?

Block them one day, then unblock them the next.  Your friends sound like some people I know....  :P

ste hughes

I don't even know what that is...  ???

^SITS^

Admin/Package Manager/Advanced - found down at the bottom.  Click on that.  Put in the version number of smf the mod is written for and then load/install the mod.  It will give you a security error about the version of smf at the top but you can ignore that.  If the mod loads, then just change the version number back to your current smf and you should be fine.  I've loaded a couple mods with it, and have had no trouble. 

NanoSector

In your case you should have "SMF 2.0 RC3" in the textbox :)

Advertisement: