Rusty White

Started by Ricky., November 20, 2011, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Rusty White

By : Ricky.  |  Theme Support | My More Themes
For SMF 2.0 , SMF 2.0.1

A white color theme with Retro feel. The theme comes with some decent features enhancements, it allows you to add link to your Facebook page, twitter page, Youtube channel, Flickr page. Ofcourse these can be disabled from the Admin Menu of theme.  Theme also comes with beautiful Random header which adds colors to your theme. You can disable random header completely or you can also add your own banner in the header. That customizable header can be used to place advertisement linking to other page or website. You can use that custom header to make special announcement on your forum and on click you can make it to go to detailed thread / page of your forum. This theme also lets you define your custom message in footer copyright.

Other feature of this theme is its inbuilt Google Plus button, it automatically adds GPlus icon on each page near your "Link Tree / Navigation tree ". You can disable this Google Plus button if you don't want to use it, no coding is required to do it, just do it from Admin Panel.

Also, you can show your own custom random banners, just need to replace themes header images with your own. You can define upto five random images. Since this theme is fluid width theme, you can also set its size as per your need, you can set it to fixed width or variable / fluid width which adjust itself as per screen resolution of client / browser window.

All Features of this theme can be found in :
SMF Admin --> Configuration --> Current Theme

(Assuming that rusty white has been selected as overall smf theme on your forum).

Features

• A fluid width theme
  • Light colored theme
  • Beautiful Header images randomization (can be turned off / on)
  • Use own banner instead of random images, optionally you can link banner to other page also
  • Allow you add your own logo from them Admin Menu
  • Utilizing CSS3 supported by all modern browser
  • Allows you to add custom copyright in footer

Updates

Nov21-2011 - Fixed some small issue causing problem with random header in webkit based browser
                    - Fixed Social Icon display issue with Internet Explorer 7 and 8 .

Some Screenshots

Coming Soon!

Note: If Google Plus button is enabled, theme may give validation error.

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Ricky.

Thank you ARG..

Those are encouraging words ! :)

Crip

Really nice theme Ricky.  :laugh:
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

ies

I would like to help with translating this Theme into Norwegian. Please send me a PM.

Ricky.

Ya sure, that would be nice.

genie

When I found your theme, I feel in love with the ability to rotate images in the header.

I was quite disappointed when I discovered I could only rotate 5 of them.  Is there a way to increase the number considerable?

Ricky.

Well, you can add as man you want by changing a small word:
In index.template.php find :
background:url(' . $settings['images_url'] . '/theme/header/' . mt_rand(0,5) . '.jpg)">
Now change 5 with anything you want,  we have total 6 images, so if you add two more then name them :
6.jpg, 7.jpg and store them in Themes/rusty-white/images/theme/header/

and change above to :
background:url(' . $settings['images_url'] . '/theme/header/' . mt_rand(0,7) . '.jpg)">

waris

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for the beautiful theme. I love it with one exception.

The background colour of the theme Grey does not auger well for my forum which deals with colourful orchid blooms.

I need to change the background to a complimentary image or a different colour to make it stand out a litle better.

How do I change the Background to a different colour or use a background image instead?

Thank you.

waris

I love this beautiful theme by Ricky but require help doing some minor changes.

The "News" is displayed in a very ackward position and I would like to move it down a bit in line with the salutation

"Hello abubakar"                                                     >Place News here<

[Admin pleaase allow this link to a pic of the problem]

http://www.bumiweb.com/bumimall/orchidforum/upload_images/Relocate%20news%20n%20box.png

The original post by Ricky is here.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=459898.0

Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

Ricky.

Ya, it can be done, but will require significant template change css change. I will see once I get little time.

waris

ro-lkw

Simply and nice ! Thanks !  ;)

kevinmark

Really nice theme simple but very beautiful theme.

TheListener

Ricky I am gonna give you a headache soon.

:D

Love the theme but:

I'm planning on replacing the Search are with an image instead. Would this break the header?

Also the button which hides the user info can that be removed?

Was unable to completely install a mod due to the section where the rss and wap links not having the necessary code there.  :(

Other than that I can't think of anything else at the minute.

:P

Tyler Durden

:) Great theme Ricky, thank you for making that available to the world.

I'm an absolute newbie to making forums, and this is the first time in my life I'm making one. It will be a Dutch forum for hang gliders in The Netherlands and Belgium: hxxp:flightclub.host-ed.me/ [nonactive]

It's amazing how much I've up already, thanks to SMF and your theme.

Next up is trying to install a bit more shiny smiley set. Wish me luck!  :laugh:

coby61

what i lke to know is how to change the backgrond
it must by in the css index but i cant find it

also we want a bigger banner and can't find that to

please help

Rusty White (2.0) theme

Ricky.

Quote from: coby61 on November 29, 2013, 07:56:07 PM
what i lke to know is how to change the backgrond
it must by in the css index but i cant find it

also we want a bigger banner and can't find that to

please help

Rusty White (2.0) theme
Replacing full background may not be easy as this theme was made without css3 ,so its all images and color combination to create those shadows, you may need to edit images too in order to get background color changed.

coby61

Advertisement: