Looking for help to integrate GOOGLE MAPS+SMF **Demo available

Started by Ride, August 18, 2005, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride

I had a problem with IE early on too.  I need to look back and see how I solved the problem.  I'll let you know.

http://www.ridesocal.com/maps

JayBachatero

Looking good TLM and Ride.  TLM take a look at Package SDK to help you with the installation and it tests out the script for you.

Package SDK, anyone?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

TLM

PhatTyres

The only thing holding me back on 1.0.5 is a few packages/mods are not yet updated to 1.1rc1 otherwise I'd be on board allready...
Ride is using it on 1.0.5 so I hope it can be converted?

Looking Forward and Thanks for the great work you guys!!!
OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

TLM

And kaboom like I though...

Problem more than likly is how I encapsulated a jscript using the cdata tags... */me wanders off thinking of a fix for this...

TLM

I have the package almost ready, it might make it by December 18, 2005, 12:00:00 AM.

Right now I am troubleshooting where I forgot things and then to figure how to add a SQL statment and its done and then the partying may start.

TLM

Ok its gonna be a little longer, ran into a snag with using db_query not liking to use ALTER on the members table, having to think of a way around it...

Ride

Quote from: TLM on December 18, 2005, 12:08:05 AM
Ok its gonna be a little longer, ran into a snag with using db_query not liking to use ALTER on the members table, having to think of a way around it...

Any thing I can help with?  I've been doing a lot of MySql lately and know my stuff pretty well.

TLM

Get,

ALTER TABLE `smf_members`
ADD `longitude` DECIMAL( 18, 15 ) NULL ,
ADD `latitude` DECIMAL( 18, 15 ) NULL ;

to work with smfs internal db_query so I dont have to go about making a connection myself.  Yes I know I am a layze bum for not making my own link.

TLM

Ok its not gonna make it out for another few hours, I am about to fall asleep.  So what this means is, I am going to sleep, and when I wake I shall make one more pass and check of things dispite some IE error on the action=membermap and me being layze on the SQL statment, then I shall submit it.  Look for it sometime tommarow hopefully.  :)

Also thanks to JayBachatero, it is almost RC2 complient as well due to his testing of it on RC2, only a few areas will have to be edited once RC2 comes out.

TLM

This has been submited to the mod directory, waiting approval.  Oh and for you soles still using 1.0.5, your in luck, I said I would not, but I am, only due to its a little editing not much it seems, so by the time it gets approved it might also be 1.0.5 compatable as well.

snork13

excellent...thanks for the time and energy spent on this mod!

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

TLM

Ok I just updated it to have 1.0.5 compatability as well,  just be sure to read the readme that comes along with it, for this thing is not completely done.

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=241 - Its unapproved so you wont be able to download it till it becomes approved.

HoTmetal

Quote from: TLM on December 18, 2005, 12:18:33 PM
Ok I just updated it to have 1.0.5 compatability as well,  just be sure to read the readme that comes along with it, for this thing is not completely done.

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=241 - Its unapproved so you wont be able to download it till it becomes approved.

QuoteWarning: this mod is currently not approved!
Please do not use this mod unless you are completely sure of the consequences!
I thought I'd take my chances, but it really wont let me D/L.... oh well, it should be approved soon right?

TLM

Well you sir are first victom of the DUH, I stated you wont be able to till its been approved. :P

Yes hopefully soon, but not sure on that ETA.

TLM

Just solved the install SQL problem, bumped to 0.45 just for that, so now all it needs is approval!
Also did a quick test check on 1.0.5 and 1.1 RC1 to make sure that it works too.

PhatTyres

OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

TLM

Accualy it was little effort.  I finshed the 1.1 part and could not think of something to do so I said, just for laughs, lets see how much I would need to change.  It came out to only 3 spots, and they were rather simple fixes, so you cursed 1.0.5's got lucky. *shakes fist* :P

HoTmetal

Advertisement: