Full Error Log and White Screen

Started by mcgamer, December 06, 2011, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgamer

Hey everyone, I am having some fairly bad issues. I did some research via searching here on the forums last night, and a day later, it seems nothing I did helped.

Here is the issue, well, two issues... but they might be related.

The main issue is a white screen of death upon entering the forums. We use SimplePortal (The issue remained after disabling it, so it is not it), and it works fine, but upon going to the main forum list, the screen goes white. It is also white on sub-forums and such, however, on topics, you can see the page just fine. Here are some links so you can see what I am seeing.

As it turns out, I can't post external links. Well darn.

- Now note, nothing really has changed on our forums, it has remained mainly unchanged for the past few months, HOWEVER, due to a problem with enforcing new signatures, I did manually clear the signature field in MySQL, however, the issue did not present itself until a few days after that.

===

As for the second, and possibly related issue, I discovered thousands of errors filling up my Error Log every second. I have seen similar posts here on the forum, but none of them seem to help me find my answer.

Some of the errors include...
26dc9e0a7a69e5d1dcde63a32f102415
Type of error: Undefined

8: Undefined index: title - File: /Themes/default/Display.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 491

There is also undefined hrefs as well, but they all seem to be in the display.template.php

Any help you can all give would be appreciated, I will be checking on this thread non-stop, so I will reply fairly quickly.

Thank you again everyone!

Oldiesmann

Disable template eval (Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings, check "Disable Evaluation of Templates"), clear the error log, then poke around a bit again and post the new error you're getting. That will give you the actual file where the error is occurring.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

mcgamer

Alright, did so and got some new errors.

The new error is...

8: Undefined index: titleFile: /Themes/znetworkfinal/index.template.php
Line: 491

Which upon investigation, here is the area around it... but I see no errors.... But I am not a coding error.

476:
477: // Show the menu up top. Something like [home] [help] [profile] [logout]...
478: function template_menu()
479: {
480: global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;
481:
482: echo '
483: <div id="main_menu">
484: <ul class="dropmenu" id="menu_nav">';
485:
486: foreach ($context['menu_buttons'] as $act => $button)
487: {
488: echo '
489: <li id="button_', $act, '">
490: <a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', 'firstlevel" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>
==>491: <span class="', isset($button['is_last']) ? 'last ' : '', 'firstlevel">', $button['title'], '</span>
492: </a>';
493: if (!empty($button['sub_buttons']))
494: {
495: echo '
496: <ul>';
497:

Oldiesmann

That means there's a problem with the menu - one or more of the buttons doesn't have a "title" associated with it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

mcgamer

Hmm... Well, what would you recommend to fix that? I do not know where the menu is, or how to edit it.

In addition, do you think this is the source of the white screen issue? Because all of the errors are presented on Topic pages, which can still be seen. However the main forum list as well as boards are just white screens...

I really would appreciate the help!

Thanks again!

Oldiesmann

Most of the menu is defined in the setupMenuContext function in Subs.php (though mods can add additional menu items through integration hooks).

Do you have any errors show up in the error log after viewing the board index or message index?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

mcgamer

No errors show up at all relating to the board index. All of these warnings are just related to the menu item apparently.

You can see what it looks like by going to my site at hxxp:zeldathon.net/foum [nonactive] then entering the forum.

Thank you again for being a  great help, hopefully we can resolve this.

MrPhil

DO NOT LOAD THIS PAGE! My antivirus/antispyware reports a malicious Java download attempt.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: MrPhil on December 06, 2011, 08:38:31 PM
DO NOT LOAD THIS PAGE! My antivirus/antispyware reports a malicious Java download attempt.

Comodo Internet Security didn't say a thing about it, and the URL he gave had a typo in it (should be "/forum" not "/foum"). However, it's not even working now - 404 errors for /forum and a "bad_httpd_conf" error when you try to visit the main page.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MrPhil

I tried loading the /forum, and Norton Internet Security started screaming repeatedly that the page was trying to download a "malicious" Java applet. It appears to have successfully blocked the download, if there really was such an attempt. It's possible that the site has been hacked, or this particular theme does something odd.

Kays

The page loads fine for me also. Took a quick look at the source code and it appears clean.

mcgamer, that error has been reported in a number of threads and so far no resolution.

It seems to be caused by a missing (or phantom) button. Possibly caused by a mod.

Who it it happening to,? All members, specific members or guests?

Do you also have a undefined index error for "href" at the same time.

Something to try, in index.template.php, just above the lines where the error is occurring, Look for:

foreach ($context['menu_buttons'] as $act => $button)
{

And add after it:

if (empty($button['href']) || empty($button['title']))
{
$b = array();
foreach ($context['menu_buttons'] as $k => $v)
$b[] = $k . ' - ' . $v['title'] . ' - ' . $v['href'];

log_error(implode('<br />', $b), 'critical');
}

This will display a list of the buttons in the error log as well whenever that error occurs. I've got them tagged as critical errors so they'll be easy to see.

Can you post this list as well as a list of mods you have installed.?

Also please attach Subs.php to that post.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: