News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

IPB 3.2.3 => SMF 2.0.2

Started by allradio, December 24, 2011, 10:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allradio

Is it possible to convert my IPB 3.2.3 forum to SMF 2.0.2?

Abdel

I am also interested in such possibility.

IchBin™

Would anyone be interested in providing a database dump for me to test stuff on?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Aeolus

This is a pure ipb 3.2.3 MySQL dump, hope it helpfully. :)

Norv

Quote from: Aeolus on April 09, 2012, 10:00:31 PM
This is a pure ipb 3.2.3 MySQL dump, hope it helpfully. :)

Aeolus, I have removed your attachment, because a MySQL dump contains significant private/security sensitive information about your forum and members, at least. It is very unsecure to post it in open forum.

Normally, when we ask for a database dump, what we mean is that admins can upload it on their site, and make its location accessible to us (to us alone), for download. In rare cases, such as a small database, even email works. It *never* is the case of making it available in open forum.

That said, thank you for making it available to us. I have a copy, and I will make it available to IchBin. I'm sure he will get back to you with more information on the conversion.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

IchBin™

Sorry, I'll make sure I'm clear in the future about this. I didn't even occur to me that you'd post this in the public Aeolus. I was just seeing if someone would be willing to share their db dump first, before even really asking to get a copy of it.

Thanks for taking care of that Norv.

Aeolus

Thank you very much for the reminding.
It's ok, I just installed a test of the forum which admin's name and password are testing also.
Hope that it is useful.

Adrek

@IchBin, do you have this database from IPB? I can provide one if you need (from IPB 3.3.1), and also I can test converter, but now I have site running on IPB 3.3.1 (latest), so converter made for 3.2.3 probably will not work :|
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

fshagan

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a database for IPB 3.3.0 ... I have stopped upgrading as I really want to move back to SMF for my forum.

It is a medium sized forum with 68,214 posts and 2,271 members, but is mostly the default configuration of IPB.

IchBin™

Quote from: phantomm on April 14, 2012, 02:22:04 AM
@IchBin, do you have this database from IPB? I can provide one if you need (from IPB 3.3.1), and also I can test converter, but now I have site running on IPB 3.3.1 (latest), so converter made for 3.2.3 probably will not work :|

TBH, I'm not sure what will run between those versions. If you'd like to give it a try that would be good to know.

I do have the 3.2.3 IPB database that Aeolus posted since Norv sent it to me. If one of you wouldn't mind sending me a IPB 3.3.x database that would be great too. PM me a link to download if it would be too big to send as an email attachment.

fshagan

I sent you a PM to a 3.3.0 database a few seconds ago! It is still uploading, but should be done soon.

Abdel

Any chances for 3.2.3 converter?

Really loking forward for it.

IchBin™

Unfortunately the differences between 3.0 and 3.2+ are pretty major. It will take an significant amount of time to write another converter for that. Unless someone else has the time to do it, I don't see this happening real soon. Sorry.

Advertisement: