News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Split and Move

Started by emanuele, January 12, 2012, 04:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Link to Mod

When a topic is split, the newly created topic goes in the same board. This mod adds a dropdown box to the split page that gives the possibility to select a different board for the new topic.
When the newly created topic is "moved" to a different board, then a "new topic notification" is sent to the member with new topic notification active on the destination board.
Thanks to scottfrey for the idea.

This mod adds also the option (Admin > configuration > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous) to post a message to the old topic pointing to the newly created and a note in the first message of the newly created pointing to the original topic.
Thanks to Guillelmus for the idea.

Available also at https://github.com/emanuele45/Split-and-move
Feel free to contribute improving it.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

FragaCampos

Well, I don't know why there aren't any replies to this mod, but I loved it! It's very useful for moderation purposes.
Installed it on SMF 2.0.3 and everything went smoothly. Thank you, emanuele8)

I have just one request:
When the newly created topic is moved to a different board, can we reply to it, instead of editing the the first message?

emanuele

Is the message still edited?
I thought I changed to show the link somewhere (probably next to the reply/etc buttons)...am I going crazy?

Anyway, yes it would be possible to create a reply (that doesn't mean I'll do it, no time :P).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

FragaCampos

The message is edited if you write something in "Text to add to the first post of the new topic".
If you leave it blank, nothing is written.

It would be a hand on the wheel if you could change that to a reply. Thanks anyway.

Here's the Portuguese translation:
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['sam_post_split_notification'] = 'Criar uma mensagem quando um tópico é dividido';

$txt['notify_bot_name'] = 'Nome do utilizador que irá postar a mensagem a informar que a discussão foi dividida num outro tópico';
$txt['notify_bot_email'] = 'Endereço de e-mail do utilizador que irá postar a mensagem a informar que a discussão foi dividida num outro tópico';
$txt['sam_default_notify_message'] = 'Texto da última mensagem antes da divisão';
$txt['sam_default_new_message'] = 'Texto a escrever na primeira mensagem do novo tópico';

$txt['sam_default_notify_bot_name'] = 'Robô de notificação';
$txt['sam_default_message_note'] = 'O valor ainda não foi guardado. Nenhuma mensagem será postada.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Help.portuguese-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$helptxt['sam_default_notify_message'] = 'Pode usar as seguintes variáveis:
<ul>
<li>{NEXT_TOPIC_URL} - O endereço do tópico recém-criado.</li>
<li>{NEXT_TOPIC_SUBJECT} - O assunto do tópico recém-criado.</li>
<li>{NEXT_TOPIC_LINK} - O link para o tópico recém-criado.</li>