FancyBox 4 SMF

Started by Bugo, January 12, 2012, 04:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

I need to recreate the initial situation in which you have this error. Imagine a situation, your car broke down and you're going to show the mechanic a screenshot of that car? And what will he do with this screenshot? :)

brynn

Doesn't the source code tell you how the "car" is working?

Quote from: brynn on April 20, 2023, 05:26:29 AMWould the source code from the messages work for you?

I could provide source code plus screenshots for individual messages, if that would help.

What's the best way to send you the mod settings?

Maybe the backtrace would help?

brynn

Maybe some of the others who have reported this problem (Shades. or Darknico) would let you look at their public forums? Or others who may report it in the near future?

Otherwise I'll have to talk with my co-admin.  I'm thinking we could block all the boards, by using permissions.  And then set up one board with a topic where we post a few images for you to look at, along with their errors.  Then we could take it out of Maintenance Mode and you can look at them.

Bugo

Find one of the images with which you have a problem and check whether a thumbnail is created for it (Admin => Forum => Attachments and Avatars => Browse files => Thumbnails. If not, the error is due to a missing thumbnail. In this case, disable the option "Display thumbnails of images inserted using the [attach] tag" in the mod's settings.

brynn

The images for which I just triggered errors both have thumbnails.

I'm working on setting it up so we can take it out of maintenance mode. I'll let you know the link as soon as I have it set up.

brynn

Maybe I just figured out the problem???

In the new topic I've created, I've tried a few different images.  Even images which dependably produce errors in other topics. But in this new topic, they do not produce errors.

Could it be that the fix you provided earlier is not supposed to be retroactive?  Does it only stop the errors for newly posted images? While images posted earlier will always give errors?

Panoulis64

I leave a translation in GreekYou cannot view this attachment.

brynn

Quote from: brynn on April 20, 2023, 11:52:53 AMMaybe I just figured out the problem???
Could it be that the fix you provided earlier is not supposed to be retroactive?  Does it only stop the errors for newly posted images? While images posted earlier will always give errors?

I did not mean for this to sound sarcastic or rude, if it did. I really don't understand the code, and what effect it should or should not have.

I guess we will go forward assuming the errors are fixed. But we will report back, if they show up again.

Thank you very much for providing the new version.  We really like this mod and hope to be using it when we open our live forum.

Thanks again and best wishes!

Carbon6

Hi,
SMF 2.1.3 with SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro and simple colourizer. 

When 'Processing of images that inserted with the [img] tag'  is enabled, the page stops loading at the post prior to the post with the img tag in it. 
Using default template is same result.

No errors listed in forum, but Apache spits this out

[php:error] [pid 67124] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ValueError: Unknown format specifier "A" in /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Class-FancyBox.php:155\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Class-FancyBox.php(155): sprintf()\n#1 /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Subs.php(3643): FancyBox->{closure}()\n#2 /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Display.php(1490): parse_bbc()\n#3 /var/www/MY SITE/Themes/default/Display.template.php(256): prepareDisplayContext()\n#4 /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Load.php(2792): template_main()\n#5 /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Subs.php(4162): loadSubTemplate()\n#6 /var/www/MY SITE/index.php(194): obExit()\n#7 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/MY SITE/Sources/Class-FancyBox.php on line 155

Please advise.
Regards

brynn

Well unfortunately, we are still getting errors from freshly posted images.

Here is the error, and the backtrace

Please tell me what else you need.  As a reminder, we did apply this fix.  Also our forum is not open yet, so it's in maintenance mode.  But we should be able to find some way to let you see some images that are causing the errors, if you have to see the forum.

Sometimes we have some slightly different-looking errors.  However, they ALL say

2: Undefined array key "href"

And they ALL refer to the same file as you see below.

We can't figure out why some images cause errors, but others don't.  Although....I'm starting to get an idea it might be related to another mod called Topic First Image Rotator

For my last post in this topic, I had tried to create a new board for you to see, while keeping the rest of the forum still hidden (by using permissions).  That new board did not have that mod activated.  But when I post in a board which has the mod activated, then I see the errors.

If that's the case, is there any way to fix this, and still be able to use both mods?  Or is the only option to use only one of them?

While waiting for a response, I'll try to make some more tests to confirm whether the other mod seems to be connected to the errors.

You cannot view this attachment.

brynn

QuoteAlthough....I'm starting to get an idea it might be related to another mod called Topic First Image Rotator

For my last post in this topic, I had tried to create a new board for you to see, while keeping the rest of the forum still hidden (by using permissions).  That new board did not have that mod activated.  But when I post in a board which has the mod activated, then I see the errors.

If that's the case, is there any way to fix this, and still be able to use both mods?  Or is the only option to use only one of them?

While waiting for a response, I'll try to make some more tests to confirm whether the other mod seems to be connected to the errors.

Well no, that was a wrong guess.  I just made a new board, which is not connected to the other mod.  But the image is still giving the same error.

So nevermind about that theory.  Still having no idea why some images produce the error but others don't.

Please tell me what more info I can provide for you, to help solve this problem.

Thanks!

Bugo

Well, a list of images that cause an error and those that don't cause an error would come in handy. If you can't attach them here, then upload them to any file-sharing site and give me the link.

brynn

I'll try to find some.  But the problem is that the same image might sometimes give an error, and another time it won't.

When I was trying to produce the errors previously (around the time of message #165 I used 2 images which were dependably producing the errors every time.  But when I posted them at that time, they did not. (That's when I first thought maybe the fix was not retroactive, and that newly posted images would not give errors.)

I'll be back shortly with some images.

brynn

Ok, so far, these 2 have never given errors:

At the moment, this one is dependably giving errors every time.  I don't even have to click on the image to produce the error.  I get an error for this image, if I only open the topic.  It's just a screenshot we were going to use in a tutorial for newbies.

This was one of the first ones that dependably gave errors.  But when I tried to use it a few messages back, it did not give any errors. Now it gives the error again.

Just in case it might help.  Although I suspect you'd rather see them in the forum where they are giving the errors. I'm sure we can work that out, somehow.

Bugo

So, I uploaded your images into different posts, inserted via attach tag, and without it, during preview and without it = nothing. PHP 8 + SMF 2.1.3 + this fix + the latest FancyBox = don't see any errors.

brynn

Oh gosh, I just got the forum ready for you to visit.

According to Maintenance > Server Settings > PHP Info > Core > PHP Version = 8.1.17
As previously reported, we're using SMF version 2.1.3
We've applied the recommended fix

Has there been a new version released since approx April 18, 2023 ?  I can't get to the server right now, but we might have version 1.2.2, instead of 1.2.3

Meanwhile, if you want to see these images in our forum, you can visit https://www.inkscapefriends.com/smf/index.php and enter the board Fancy Box test public.

And meanwhile, I'm checking on our FB version.

PS - For some reason which I don't understand, when I log out and view the forum as a guest, the attached plus inserted images do not show up.  They properly show up below the message as an attachment.  But inside the message, instead of the image, I see an animated grayscale image of a running stick figure.

I've never seen that before, since I don't usually visit as a guest.  Does anyone know what it is or what it means?

Bugo

Quote from: Carbon6 on May 01, 2023, 07:05:48 AMWhen 'Processing of images that inserted with the [img] tag'  is enabled, the page stops loading at the post prior to the post with the img tag in it. 
Using default template is same result.
@Carbon6 can you provide a link to the post/image caused this error?

brynn

Quote from: brynn on May 06, 2023, 08:04:51 AMAnd meanwhile, I'm checking on our FB version.

Ok, we have SMF v 2.1.3
PHP v 8.1.17
Fancy Box 1.2.3
and the aforementioned fix has been applied.

But we are still getting errors for both newly posted images, and images posted before now.

Please see this board:  https://www.inkscapefriends.com/smf/index.php?board=14.0

The image in this topic: 1 after installing 1.2.3 and this topic 3 after installing 1.2.3 always, always produce the error. The error and traceback are in this message

For some reason which I haven't figured out, the images in this topic 2 after installing 1.2.3 never have produced the error.

The only thing I can see different between the images which produce the error and those which don't, is that the images which produce the error are smaller than those which don't.

I've noticed that for some reason, SMF does not display images smaller than some certain size (something around 100 px). It only displays the file name. (See attached) At least that's what happens in our forum.  But I notice when I posted the images here (just above) the small images are displayed. I wonder if there's some setting that controls this, that I have not found yet?

Anyway it seems to be those same smaller ones which are causing the errors.  I don't know for sure that the size is related to either problem.  It's just an observation.

We sure would like to be able to use this mod, if we can get rid of the errors.  Thank you very much!

brynn

We're still looking for help getting rid of these errors.

Is there any further info we can provide for you? Our site still will allow you to see messages with the problem images posted in them.  See links in the previous message.

Thanks again.

brynn

Hhmm, maybe there's something wrong with how it's installed?  I was just looking at the Package Manager, because I was thinking of uninstalling it.  But the uninstall button is missing.  See screenshot, please.

I'm not sure what that means, or what to do about it? My first instinct would be to uninstall it and re install it.  But how can that be done when the button is missing?

Thanks again.

(PS - You can confirm that it's working, although still with the errors, by visiting this board:  https://www.inkscapefriends.com/smf/index.php?board=14.0

Advertisement: