Moving Attachments from Xsorbit to SMF - need help

Started by anna.young, August 27, 2005, 01:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anna.young

I need help with moving attachments.

1. Is it possible to transfer attachments with the Xsorbit board into SMF?

I have some 250 attachments residing on Xsorbit server which is not accessible to me.

I was able to transfer all the other data except attachments themselves into the test board.

I did not use any converter, just imported the backup file with phpMyAdmin and followed other step by step excellent and detailed instructions  I found here  :D - Thank you!!!

2. If I had to move the attachments manually into attachments directory what should their names be?

On the new still unpopulated test SMF board an attached image  Lia.jpg with URL

http://www.torontogsdrescue.org/Forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1.0;id=2;image

is listed in the Attachment directory as: 2_Lia_jpg6b760d805415a7846b24068850aa3a77

How was this file name generated?

I would appreciate suggestions or directions to an existing topic on this subject which I was  not able to find.

Thank you so very much

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Advertisement: