News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

FancyPosts

Started by NanoSector, April 14, 2012, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 25, 2012, 02:08:30 PM
Oh Sorry i will pm you today. Thanks for helping. The reason is didn't pm you yet is because:

I forgot about this and didnt know if you were going to or no
and i changed providers so yea

I will pm you my....FTP or cpanel details?
I'd first check the Admin panel if there's a settings panelfor that. It should allow you to select which BBCodes a membergroup can use, though I haven't had time lately to dive into that.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Mstcool

Alright and btw if you modify it right. Does that mean when i back up i gotta back up my forum and database or can i just back up that one fancy post zipped file you modified. If i can just modify the fancy post file then when you modify mine can you send me the zipped file so i can download it? because i wont have to backup that file again and again only one time. Thanks

After you tell me this i will give you the details

Mstcool

Still waiting for an answer :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 26, 2012, 03:35:16 PM
Still waiting for an answer :)
Sorry, the heck this topic didn't show up in my Unread Replies list, excuse me :(

Quote from: Mstcool on July 25, 2012, 02:43:50 PM
Alright and btw if you modify it right. Does that mean when i back up i gotta back up my forum and database or can i just back up that one fancy post zipped file you modified. If i can just modify the fancy post file then when you modify mine can you send me the zipped file so i can download it? because i wont have to backup that file again and again only one time. Thanks

After you tell me this i will give you the details
You can just start modifying stuff in that Subs-FancyPosts.php file, if something screws up you can overwrite it with a fresh one from the packages, one of the advantages of using hooks :)

I'm not able to do the edits tonight, but I'll take a look at this tomorrow
* Yoshi2889 is sure to mark this topic as Unread
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Mstcool

Wait i dont understand. So if you edit it for me (thx) i just save that file you edit like the whole zip file? or back up my whole forum?

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 26, 2012, 04:49:13 PM
Wait i dont understand. So if you edit it for me (thx) i just save that file you edit like the whole zip file? or back up my whole forum?
No no, don't backup anything, it's not needed :)

I'm only going to modify the FancyPosts file (there's only one), and test my changes. So I won't give you a faulty file :P
If anything does go wrong, though, you can replace the file with a fresh one from the installation package (unzip & overwrite file). That'll clear my modifications.

Mstcool

Lol alright. But when it works won't i need to have that edited file because i mess up my forum a lot and i gotta do back ups a lot.

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 26, 2012, 07:58:06 PM
Lol alright. But when it works won't i need to have that edited file because i mess up my forum a lot and i gotta do back ups a lot.
It's there In this topic, then :P
Back it up, just in case, if you want to, though.

Mstcool

Alright i will pm you my details tomorrow
I will pm you my test account and uhm my FTP or if u want my cpanel

NanoSector

Mstcool

Eh i know about that. I trust you so yeah 8)
i am giving u my details VIA pm once sec
ill also give u details of my test account just in case

NanoSector

Quote from: Inti31 on June 03, 2012, 06:35:07 AM
Whatever you decide to do ... - yes, why not an "external" parameter...

I thought, that it would be easier to add a "target="_blank" (or sth. similiar) in Subs-FancyPosts.php instead of creating a new parameter.
but that sounds fine to me...

one further suggestion...
would it be possible to use button and buttonlist code also as "inline buttons" (like ILA)?

Example:
text text text - see this homepage: [title of homepage as button] text text

Now it like this:
text text text - see this homepage:
[title of homepage as button]
text text

cheers Inti31
I am so sorry for my uber-late reply.

I've tracked this, here:
http://map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker;sa=view;entry=66

And I'll get to it asap :)
If I missed any other feature requests, excuse me!!! but I can't find them with a quick run through the topic atm :(

Inti31

uh, don't worry - glad to see that you picked up my suggestion - better late than never. thx for you time you are investing in this.

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

NanoSector

Crap, I even looked over your second suggestion :P

I'm afraid that isn't possible, due to the way the menu's are built :(

NanoSector

Bugfix release is uploaded.

Version 0.4.1 fixes a bug with a version of the [button] tag. Sorry for taking a long time now for such a simple release, but my attention goes to my big project at the moment.

NanoSector

Mod works with 2.0.3 as-is.

NanoSector

Mod works with 2.0.4 as-is.

Ramón Cutanda

Such a simple but GREAT mod... Thanks so much!!!

NanoSector

Arvacon

Mod works also at 2.0.6 without problem.
Thanks too for this very interesting mod  :)

Advertisement: