News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Convert

Started by Elizabeth II, May 10, 2012, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth II

Helllo,

I want to convert from  IPBoard version 3.2.3 to SMF 2.0.2 but I seen the converters currently on here are for both the older versions :/ Can anyone provide me with updated ones that will work for me please?

Thanks for your time.

emanuele

Hello Mod Mark,

I'm not an expert on converters, but I'm fairly sure we'd need at least a database schema (better a backup) to know how data are stored and few informations on the file structure (i.e. where are stored the basic informations like the database name and password).

Are you able and would you like to provide us with these informations?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Elizabeth II

Quote from: emanuele on May 11, 2012, 05:50:23 PM
Hello Mod Mark,

I'm not an expert on converters, but I'm fairly sure we'd need at least a database schema (better a backup) to know how data are stored and few informations on the file structure (i.e. where are stored the basic informations like the database name and password).

Are you able and would you like to provide us with these informations?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've got a database schema (backup), how would you like me to share it?

Elizabeth II

would it be easier going to 1st convert it to vbulletin and then from that to smf?

emanuele

No idea, unfortunately I had few things to do in these last days and I wasn't able to look at the converter...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: