Qualitative + quantitative feedback as graphs?

Started by jamesdl, August 12, 2012, 05:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesdl

Hello - my first post here.

I am working with a small team inside local government that is looking for a way to have community members provide feedback in structured manner. With 27 groups - each with 4 8 different sub-groups, I thought a forum format may be the most logical format for people to navigate through to their area.

It is part of a project called the Tablelands Community Plan. Over the next 8 years, a range of individuals and organistaions will provide feedback against their particular area of activity.

Could this forum software enable submissons to be structured? For example:

A structured submission to a topic could include general feedback, and quantitative feedback e.g. 

Project name:
Tree Planting Project

General feedback: The project is going well. 5000 trees have been planted.

Quantitative feedback:

Number of people involved:

Number of hours contributed by community members: 1600

If these quanities could then be featured against the topic - or overall project in a graph, this would help administrators visualise the activity through the sub-groups.I am a private web page developer, with limited CSS / PHP skills. More of a designer really.

Keen to determine if anyone has seen anything like this - or should I be looking at project management software?

Cheerio

James

Kindred

so, there is a mod called [irul=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279]Custom Forms[/iurl] whcih will allow you to build a form and use that form to create the first post of a thread... (structured input)

it does not, however, allow the form contents to be put into individual threads... and nothing that allows graphs.

In other words, I don't think you are looking for a forum software - or a PM software either....  I have worked with most of the PM software out there and what you describe is not typical
You appear to be looking for something completely custom since I have not seen anything that does what you describe.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: