New Topic Button At Bottom Only

Started by alphacaveman, September 09, 2012, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphacaveman

When I started this topic I could click "New Topic" among the buttons at the top of the listing of topics. But on my forum those buttons only show up at the bottom of the list of topics.

Where would I go to make that also appear at the top like it does here.

Thanks

kingW3

alphacaveman

kingW3

Did you edit any file from smf or install some mod?

alphacaveman

Old fossil, thanks but that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to add a "New Topic" button along with the others that are normally beside it at the top of a board category, not inside of a thread/topic.

Mine shows up at the very bottom of the board category but not at the top like it does here on this forum.

kingW3

Quote from: kingW3 on September 09, 2012, 01:50:50 PM
Did you edit any file from smf or install some mod?
Btw can i see the forum?

Kays

Hi alphacaveman. Is this happening with a custom theme or is it with the default theme?

Either way, can you attach messageIndex.template.php from that theme to a post so we can take a look at it. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

alphacaveman

Kays

As a guest there ain't no buttons. So that don't help. ::)

There's no settings for that and the page count on the left and the buttons on the right should appear both the top and bottom. So it would be helpful if you could attach that file as I earlier requested so it can be looked at.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

alphacaveman

Quote from: Kays on September 12, 2012, 06:31:47 PM
As a guest there ain't no buttons. So that don't help. ::)

There's no settings for that and the page count on the left and the buttons on the right should appear both the top and bottom. So it would be helpful if you could attach that file as I earlier requested so it can be looked at.

Sure thing. It's attached. Thank you.

Kays

It's not there because someone has removed it. ::)

In that file starting at line 172 look for:

echo '
<div class="pagesection">
<div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $board_info['name'],' | ',$txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . '&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#bot"><strong>' . $txt['go_down'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>';

And replace it with:

echo '
<div class="pagesection">
<div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $board_info['name'],' | ',$txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . '&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#bot"><strong>' . $txt['go_down'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '
</div>';

My Mods

alphacaveman

Kays

Great, I'll mark this as solved then. :)

My Mods

Advertisement: