( SpellChecker ) and building PHP from source

Started by Mark Thomas, September 08, 2005, 01:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

I have the pspell libs but SMF still can't find them! So I'm thinking either it's a path problem or PHP needs to be built with some argument that tells it to use the pspell libraries. SMF 1.0.5 is running on NetBSD with PHP 4.4, apache2, mysql 4.0. The libraries are in /usr/pkg/lib/.

Any help appreciated.

Oldiesmann

Re-compile PHP and add '--with-pspell=/usr/pkg/lib' to the configure command.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Quote from: Mark Thomas on September 08, 2005, 01:25:56 PM
I have the pspell libs but SMF still can't find them! So I'm thinking either it's a path problem or PHP needs to be built with some argument that tells it to use the pspell libraries. SMF 1.0.5 is running on NetBSD with PHP 4.4, apache2, mysql 4.0. The libraries are in /usr/pkg/lib/.

Any help appreciated.

Err, okay.  It's not exactly that simple.

First of all, you want Aspell, not pspell.  The pspell libraries are old and no one uses them anymore.

Second, SMF doesn't use either, it uses PHP.  Yes, it needs --with-pspell (NOT --with-aspell!!) but that's going to compile in support for Aspell.  Yes, I know.  The problem is Aspell used to be pspell, and before that it was aspell.  The PHP developers got mad and stopped renaming the library.

If you do:

$ php -i | grep configure

You should see the configure line that was used to compile php.  If you're using ports, you can probably just go to the port and edit config.nice to add the --with-pspell option, and run config.nice.

-[Unknown]

Mark Thomas

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 08, 2005, 02:41:46 PM
First of all, you want Aspell, not pspell.  The pspell libraries are old and no one uses them anymore.
Correct, I have aspell installed and working. If I compile aspell from pkgsrc it does install the pspell libraries in /usr/pkg/lib/, on NetBSD anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Mark Thomas

Here's the answer. Many thanks to Lubomir Sedlacik. BTW Lubomir will add php-pspell to the pkgsrc in the very near future.

[ http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2005/09/10/0000.html ]

[Unknown]

Ah, so a shared library, huh?  Shouldn't be much different, then.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: