[FREE] Ratings system similar to Facepunch's

Started by thekingofzing, September 23, 2012, 04:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekingofzing

I'm not sure if I have the funds to pay anybody right now, so I just set the title as [FREE].

The title says all, but if you don't know what I'm talking about I'll elaborate on it some more. On the popular forum site facepunch.com [nofollow] you can rate the posts of others. When somebody makes a post, you choose the rating icon you want to rate and by the click of a button, you're done.

The amount of ratings is shown on the post like so:

And then you can click the the list to show you who rated what:

Through ratings scripts that other users have created you can see how many ratings a user has given and received, but I would prefer to have that as part of the modification. Since my fanbase has recently gotten much bigger, I just started using smf so a mod compatible with 2.02 would be nice. Everyone should be able to use it, but only administrators allowed to change what the ratings are.

Just a note, I am fully aware of the other threads for this. However most of them were not fleshed out enough to describe what they really wanted, and the all of them were old. I would prefer not to bump old threads seeing as bumped threads never actually get anywhere.  I know I'm low on funds right not and doing stuff for free is a major turn off opposed to being paid, but if you would like to or think you can then please take the time to respond.

Thanks for reading  :laugh:

Orangine

Interesting idea, can a person give more than one rating for a post/topic?

thekingofzing

Quote from: Orangine on September 23, 2012, 04:55:21 PM
Interesting idea, can a person give more than one rating for a post/topic?

On facepunch, no. I believe garry made sure of that so nobody would spam ratings.

Orangine

This is ideal material for such modification, it just needs more fields (not just like/dislike) and a way to display who voted what.

TheListener

Good find Fruity

Didn't even know the mod existed.

:)

thekingofzing

Quote from: Orangine on September 23, 2012, 06:57:26 PM
This is ideal material for such modification, it just needs more fields (not just like/dislike) and a way to display who voted what.

I'll see what I can do with this, but like I said, It would be nice to have somebody start from scratch, I really don't have time anymore to actually make anything. Call me lazy but I'm just too busy.

live627

Quote from: thekingofzing on September 23, 2012, 07:41:04 PMI really don't have time anymore to actually make anything. Call me lazy but I'm just too busy.
Eh, not just you. All the good programmers around here are busy.

thekingofzing

Quote from: live627 on September 23, 2012, 08:19:52 PM
Quote from: thekingofzing on September 23, 2012, 07:41:04 PMI really don't have time anymore to actually make anything. Call me lazy but I'm just too busy.
Eh, not just you. All the good programmers around here are busy.

That's a shame. I guess they all finally got jobs/relationships and all that good junk?
All I have is work.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Castagna

Bump.

Has anyone got something? Im need this mod so bad.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: