Image Rotate Mod?

Started by FrizzleFried, May 13, 2015, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

The number one request I have been getting from users over the last 3 years is a way to rotate images when they upload them and they show up sideways.  Wordpress has a plugin that does this so I am sure it's "possible" ... what are the chances of this ever happening?   I bet 1/3 of the images people upload show up sideways.  It doesn't help that windows rotate in 7+ doesn't really rotate properly (well,  it appears rotated in Windows but shows up sideways when uploading).

Is this doable?

roshaoar

Check out BB code with style mod. One of the things it can do is add an optional "rotate" css parameter. You could then use another mod to make some bb code buttons that'd do -90 degrees, -180 degrees, -270 degrees etc.

Shambles

^ not so sure that mod works with uploaded (attached) files, which I think is what the OP means...?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

roshaoar

Yep, doesn't work with attachments, just inline images. I hadn't read his first post properly.

dougiefresh

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but my Automatic Attachment Rotation mod can do so...

dan4ever

@Dougiefresh

Your mod did not turn the tumbnail in my forum!!

/Dan
/Dan Olsson, Webmaster at https://www.guldforum.se

dougiefresh

Please attach the image so that I look into this....

dougiefresh

Quote from: dan4ever on March 11, 2016, 03:36:39 PM
@Dougiefresh

Your mod did not turn the tumbnail in my forum!!

/Dan
I read this statement again just now and I think I understand what is going on.  My mod only deals with rotating NEW attachments, pre-existing attachments are not touched....  If you are looking for functionality to deal with existing attachments, then I can add that into the mod as well.  However, such image processing is quite intensive and possibly time consuming for forums with a large number of attachments.....

Rereading the mod description, it also sounds like I need to clarify the purpose of the mod.....  ???

I would also advise you to post problems regarding specific mods into the support thread of that mod, which in this case is located here.....  It is by chance that I can across this particular bug report, and I don't look everywhere for threads regarding my 51 approved mods....  O:) :P

I've quoted these messages and placed them in the right thread for you, to make it easier for me to locate...  O:) :P

dougiefresh

Quote from: roshaoar on May 13, 2015, 11:33:02 AM
Check out BB code with style mod. One of the things it can do is add an optional "rotate" css parameter. You could then use another mod to make some bb code buttons that'd do -90 degrees, -180 degrees, -270 degrees etc.
I was rereading this thread, and picked up on the second post (which I quoted).  In case anybody is interested, here's what I found:

I downloaded that BB code with style mod mod and this really isn't the answer for busy boards, simply because the image is downloaded and processed EVERY time the image is requested, regardless of the source of the image.  It doesn't add CSS to rotate the image, but makes a call to an actual PHP script in order to do the rotation....  A better answer would be to rotate the image and store it on the server, more like a "process once, show many times" type of thing....

Advertisement: