Blog Mod for 2.0.2

Started by ElviraS, September 24, 2012, 04:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElviraS

I would really love a suitable blog mod. There is one for 2.0.2 but when I clicked on "Support and Comments for this Blog", I found the following :

I don't recommend this mod need to redo it at some point.

I'm surprised an actual blog mod hasn't been made yet. All major forum software has a functional mod where members can keep track of their own blogs, etc.

So apparently the one at present is not considered a very good mod. A blog mod where members can keep track of their own blogs and would be useful.

Oh...and there is another blog mod for 2.0.2 but the team that created it doesn't seem to support it anymore and apparently it has loads of errors mehh.... :

ARGH!!!!!!

Do **ANY** of the ADK team even bother to support his mod any more?

The undefined 'notify' issue is HUGE now...   I am getting, literally thousands of errors dropped into my log every week form this stupid thing.   If there were ANY other blog mod, I would have switched, because support for this mod is apparently non-existent and ADK has no interest in helping to solve the issues with their mod.

So yeah.... :(

emanuele

Hello  ElviraS and welcome to sm.org. :)

In the cust site I see adk blog and smfblog.
It seems that the description of this one has never been updated, but as far as I can see the mod is developed and supported, so it should be pretty usable (disclaimer: I never used it, so I have no idea how it actually works).

A small remark: usually is better to post mod requests in the dedicated board: Mod Requests (I'll move the topic there in a while). ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

feline

There is a other Blog mod available .. PmxBlog v1.1 for SMF 2.02.
It's a multi user blog .. so each Member CAN create his own blog.
Download and support on our site ...

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

but, do you have to be running PortaMX in order to run the PMX Blog?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

feline

Quote from: Kindred on September 24, 2012, 09:37:14 AM
but, do you have to be running PortaMX in order to run the PMX Blog?
No .. the latest release (as on github) works also as standalone blog ...

ElviraS

Quote from: emanuele on September 24, 2012, 06:05:00 AM
Hello  ElviraS and welcome to hxxp:sm.org [nonactive]. :)

Thanks!

Quote from: emanuele on September 24, 2012, 06:05:00 AMIn the cust site I see adk blog and smfblog.
It seems that the description of this one has never been updated, but as far as I can see the mod is developed and supported, so it should be pretty usable (disclaimer: I never used it, so I have no idea how it actually works).

Yes, but when I read the comments it didn't look very promising tbh.

Quote from: emanuele on September 24, 2012, 06:05:00 AM

A small remark: usually is better to post mod requests in the dedicated board: Mod Requests (I'll move the topic there in a while). ;)

Oops, sorry :-[

Quote from: feline on September 24, 2012, 07:59:28 AM
There is a other Blog mod available .. PmxBlog v1.1 for SMF 2.02.
It's a multi user blog .. so each Member CAN create his own blog.
Download and support on our site ...

I have downloaded PmxBlog v1.1. I know I'm going to sound stupid, but do you now need to upload it as a package on my forum or what?

Update: I have uploaded it as a package and it seems to work fine. Thanks so much, feline. :)

aegersz

i had to apply the following to fit this on my system - it has too many mods on, i'm afraid ... this works:

EDIT /var/www/html/Sources/ManageSettings.php and ADD the following:

// PmxBlog enable/disable...
                        array('check', 'pmxblog_enabled'),
                        array('check', 'pmxblog_teasermode'),
                '',

Before:

// Big Options... polls, sticky, bbc....
array('select', 'pollMode', array($txt['disable_polls']$
                        array('check', 'enable_points_in_polls'),
                        array('int', 'maximum_points_in_polls'),
                '',
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: