Advertisement:

Author Topic: Registering for a website-too difficult  (Read 3792 times)

hayley3

Registering for a website-too difficult
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
Really I am so frustrated so I am posting it here...A community forum website I am trying to register for, is using this software and the help button leads me here.  How dumb is that....The website has a question to register that I don't know the answer to, so how am I supposed to register and find the answer to the question if I can't log into the website.  And the help button leads me here....Did no one think that thru?  There should be a help button for the people who own the site.  Geeeeeez!  Security has gotten ridiculous.  Can someone contact the website I am trying to get into and let them know I need the answer to the damn question.

snh.cc/community/index.php
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:14:15 AM by Bryan "Runic" Deakin »

Offline mashby

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
  • badass beer hound
    • Choppix
Re: Registering for a website-too difficult
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
Well, I found the answer by searching the site for 'level 100', it's in http://snh.cc/community/index.php?topic=545.msg1945#msg1945 if you're wondering. The site is visible to guests, after all.

The idea is that someone who answers that question probably would know something of the material - it's designed to keep spammers out.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

Offline ApplianceJunk

• SMF Hero
    • ApplianceJunk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
and the help button leads me here.  How dumb is that....

I agree, it's dumb. But it better then nothing if the site owner is not going to make their own help pages.

hayley3

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »
Thanks,  I appreciate everyone's response, I did get in finally.   8)