News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Two Quote request

Started by cazz, January 04, 2013, 09:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazz

Hi
Something I like alot to have on the forum that I is admin is multi quote and how many history quote I can have.

As for multi quote is that I mean I can click on many replay and then have them all in one replay so I do not need to copy and paste.

As for history quite is that sometime if someone quote an quote it can be alot of quite and hard to read.

What I have understand that is som "hack" in the code to make so I can't have more then 3 quote but I have never got it to work.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MrPhil

Quote from: cazz on January 04, 2013, 09:40:37 AM
Hi
Something I like alot to have on the forum that I is admin is multi quote and how many history quote I can have.

As for multi quote is that I mean I can click on many replay and then have them all in one replay so I do not need to copy and paste.

As for history quite is that sometime if someone quote an quote it can be alot of quite and hard to read.

What I have understand that is som "hack" in the code to make so I can't have more then 3 quote but I have never got it to work.
Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 04, 2013, 10:02:05 AM
Well here is a multiquote mod that you can use now

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2360

It looks like multiquote is built-in to 2.0.3, or is there a mod installed for this forum? I just clicked Quote on the first, went to a new line, clicked Quote on the second. Is that what you're looking for?

As far as quote depth, I think there's a switch in Admin to turn it on and off. A nice feature would be to set the depth of quotes (0 for no embedded quotes, 1 for a single level, etc., with -1 for "don't care how deep it goes"). That might be something that should be selectable by member profile, rather than set for the entire forum for everyone.

cazz

hmm it is a little change from that I have on my forum

in my forum I add quite is show as clean text in a box on the bottom of the page, if I add another quote it show more text (not so easy to read where it begin and where it end)
Her I get in the top of the forum and with smiley and that.

That have to be a settings but where or is it new thing in 2.0.3???

I just like to have something easy so everyone understand they can do :)

vbgamer45:
Hmm yes look like a nice mod, maybe going to try that but if I can make the default quote system to work I do not need any mod :)

Yes a "quote depth" is something I like to have very soon :)

Arantor

There is an option in the admin panel to remove nested quotes, which will prevent people quoting a quote, but it's not quote depth.

There is no mod for multi-quote at this forum, what is visible here is visible on any SMF forum (and has been for years)

cazz

mm yes I have found that I can remove nested quotes but as you say nothing about quote depth but I hope it came in some versionen soon :)

Arantor

I've never seen the need to restrict quote depth, only either not worry about it at all, or not allow nesting; doing anything else is extremely iffy and likely to be unreliable (the current code is not perfect as it stands)

Multiquote is something I'm still not sure about. There's been a good number of calls over the years for it, but I'm still not quite convinced. What we have currently is not quite ideal if you're replying to a number of posts at once.

Advertisement: