News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'forum_1'

Started by HunterP, January 09, 2013, 03:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterP

Hi there,

A year ago, I asked my host to make a backup of my database called 'forum'. They named it 'forum_1'.
I never made any references to this second db, it was just a stand-alone backup.
After a while I decided to remove this database, at that point I started to get these emails :

There has been a problem with the database!
MySQL reported:
Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'forum_1'
This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

So I contacted my host, but they can't find anything what might be causing this, so it has to be a client issue.
I've checked all files but can't find any references to 'forum_1', and the forum itself seems to work fine, also the errorlog is clean regarding database errors.

Any suggestions?

kat

If the forum works and the log's clean, when are you actually seeing these error messages, exactly?

HunterP

kat

No reference to the old database in Admin>Server settings>Database and Paths?

LiroyvH

Is there no clone of your forum running somewhere that uses forum_1...?
The database _must_ be called before this email is sent.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

HunterP

Quote from: CoreISP on January 09, 2013, 06:55:38 AM
Is there no clone of your forum running somewhere that uses forum_1...?
The database _must_ be called before this email is sent.

I'll try and ask my host once again...

Storman™

I suspect this database is still sitting in the server side of MySQL but you simply can't "see" it as the permissions have been adjusted or maybe the ownership is different, who knows. It's probably still mapped to you which is why you are getting the automated emails. Basically they probably cloned it instead of doing a backup.

Suspect your host didn't look very far....   ;)

Advertisement: