• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2021, 10:55:27 PM

News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.


[SMF MOD INSTALL] Need to login again.

Started by Fenz0, March 29, 2013, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenz0

Hello guys!,

Everytime i try to install mods like dreamportal or SMFStaff etc, I need to login again and when i login no mod is installed and it keeps on going like that.

PLEASE HELP!!! :(


Sorry for bad english :(

Suki

Welcome to SMF.

There is no need for a poll.

SMF ask you to enter your password as a security measure, you just need to enter your password every once in a while, after you entered it, you  still need to actually install the mod: Package Manager
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Making tough decisions, so you don't have to.

Kindred

hmm... actually, Suki, a few people have been complaining about this.   Their SMF is not behaving normally...   it keeps asking for the login in the admin and never completes the action.

Fenz0,

poll removed.
What smf version?
what is your setting for:
local cookies?
subdomain independent cookies?
database driven sessions?

What is your forum URL in the server settings?
What URL are you using to access your forum (specifically, does one of those answers have a www. and the other not have the www?)

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

Quote from: Kindred on March 29, 2013, 03:14:36 PM
hmm... actually, Suki, a few people have been complaining about this.   Their SMF is not behaving normally...   it keeps asking for the login in the admin and never completes the action.

Fenz0,

poll removed.
What smf version?
what is your setting for:
local cookies?
subdomain independent cookies?
database driven sessions?

What is your forum URL in the server settings?
What URL are you using to access your forum (specifically, does one of those answers have a www. and the other not have the www?)

Version: 2.0.4
Local cookies?: Yes.
Subdomain independent cookies?: No.
Database driven sessions?: Yes.
Url: www.Verygaming.se [nofollow]


Herman's Mixen

Can only recall the FTP login when installing mods when the permissions on folders and files are not set properly !!

chmod 750 your root folder /public_html or /httpdocs depends on your hosting panel (Cpanel / Plesk / DA )
chmod 755 all files and folders underneath

try again afterwards
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

 House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Fenz0

Quote from: The Burglar! on March 30, 2013, 04:59:51 AM
Can only recall the FTP login when installing mods when the permissions on folders and files are not set properly !!

chmod 750 your root folder /public_html or /httpdocs depends on your hosting panel (Cpanel / Plesk / DA )
chmod 755 all files and folders underneath

try again afterwards

didnt work

Fenz0


Chalky

Hi Fenz0, just so you know, there's a rule here not to bump posts within less than 24 hours.  This is because everybody here is a volunteer and provides support in their own time in between work, family, real life, etc.  The people who can help you may well be either at work or asleep right now, so please be patient and somebody will be along to help you when they are available.

Also, please try to help us to help you by providing as much detail as possible.  Replying "didnt work" doesn't help anybody.

Herman's Mixen

You also can make an screen-shot of the page showing the error you get, if you can not describe it well
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

 House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)


Chalky

Can you upload the image as an attachment here?  Lots of us are wary of following unfamiliar links.


Kindred

right...


So this is what I explained in my first response.

It's not an error message.
Basically, the session is not being preserved and thus is requiring a new login for every action, even without resolving the previous action.

Cookie settings and session setting are the two main causes for this

it is not an FTP thing
it is not a chmod thing.
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

I need to login again yes.

But what settings do i need to use?

Edit: I dont need to write username or password i just click on the login in button then im in.

Kindred

in which case you system is even more screwed up than it looks...
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

I know


And i really need help fast!

Edit:

Kindred

well, that explains it...

you either need local cookies OR subdomain independent cookies.
having BOTH unchecked is causing your problem.
I'd suggest using subdomain independent cookies, unless your server is using zeus.
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

Quote from: Kindred on March 31, 2013, 04:23:16 PM
well, that explains it...

you either need local cookies OR subdomain independent cookies.
having BOTH unchecked is causing your problem.
I'd suggest using subdomain independent cookies, unless your server is using zeus.

Have tested both and it aint works

Chalky

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 30, 2013, 11:03:57 AM
Hi Fenz0, just so you know, there's a rule here not to bump posts within less than 24 hours.  This is because everybody here is a volunteer and provides support in their own time in between work, family, real life, etc.  The people who can help you may well be either at work or asleep right now, so please be patient and somebody will be along to help you when they are available.

Also, please try to help us to help you by providing as much detail as possible.  Replying "didnt work" doesn't help anybody.

Fenz0

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 31, 2013, 07:24:04 PM
Quote from: Sabrinova on March 30, 2013, 11:03:57 AM
Hi Fenz0, just so you know, there's a rule here not to bump posts within less than 24 hours.  This is because everybody here is a volunteer and provides support in their own time in between work, family, real life, etc.  The people who can help you may well be either at work or asleep right now, so please be patient and somebody will be along to help you when they are available.

Also, please try to help us to help you by providing as much detail as possible.  Replying "didnt work" doesn't help anybody.


Oh , sorry... but i really need help

Chalky

Have you checked the box for "subdomain independent cookies" as Kindred suggested?  What was the result?  If it didn't work, please explain, did the forum continue to log you out?

Kindred

Fenz0,

you have already been told. DO NOT BUMP YOUR POSTS.

So, you set subdomain independent cookies to CHECKED and you left Local cookies UNCHECKED
and then you cleared your browser's stored cookies and cache?
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0


Kindred

well, "not working" is hardly a useful description.

However, if you ACTUALLY meant "It is still doing the same behavior"
then I have no idea.  My only suggestion is that you try installing a second forum on the same host in a different directory and see if it also acts the same.

(hmmmm... just occurred to me: How did you install the forum in the first place?)
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0


Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on March 31, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
(hmmmm... just occurred to me: How did you install the forum in the first place?)
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2013, 02:33:42 PM
Quote from: Kindred on March 31, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
(hmmmm... just occurred to me: How did you install the forum in the first place?)

Hmm, maybe u can help?

Can u help me via TeamViewer? :D

Kindred

no. I answer questions on the forum and occasionally help people with a login, but I do not have team viewer and do not do support via IM.

you still have not answered my question:
How did you install SMF?
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fenz0

I've uploaded it via FTP.

I've done everything u told me to do, but it still doesnt work.

I have tried to make new databases and i have buyed like 10 new domains to try but no result!

Im begging for help guys!


Cya! Fenz0.

Kindred

why would you be buying new domains?  When did we ever tell you to do something like that?

If you have a fresh installation on smf in a different directory and with a different database, but on the same server and it still gives you the same result, then it is a problem with your host.
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.<br /><br />"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: