News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Joomla! bridge with SMF 1.1 RC1

Started by marlyred, September 22, 2005, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lextof

Installed SMF again but now on a live site. Because of a live situation and a non working SMF I unpublished the link. But no worries, you can go to the forum with this link: http://www.enorm.nl/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=90 [nofollow]

username: lextof
password: lextof

Note: I still have the same login problems that I mentioned before. Refreshing the page is now not successful and won't get me through. The blank page is al I get.

chadness

I ran in to something like that, and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling things until it worked.

Actually, I think it ended up being the SMF package - I uninstalled and reinstalled that, then re-uploaded the MOS_SMF.php file, and it worked for me.

Orstio

Re-uploading MOS_SMF.php should fix this.

Lextof

Pffff, finally got it working. I already tried in replacing the MOS_SMF.php file but I did it again. No luck there. Then uninstalled the package replaced the source files with the original source files en uploaded the package again and installed it. Then uploaded MOS_SMF.php again, and became a happy man. Don't ask me how and why but it works. Very, very strange.

I also noticed two strange things.

The first was an error in the back-end of Mambo: Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module. in myaddress/administrator/index2.php on line 34

This error occurs during several activities in the back-end of Mambo. After refreshing the page Mambo back-end appeared again.

The other strange thing is the version of MOS_SMF.php file is given by SMF.  (Forum Maintenance/Check all files against current versions.). At Sources the version of MOS_SMF.php is ??, instead of 1.1 RC1 like the rest is.

chadness

Quote from: Lextof on October 18, 2005, 05:33:40 AM
I also noticed two strange things.

The first was an error in the back-end of Mambo: Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module. in myaddress/administrator/index2.php on line 34

This error occurs during several activities in the back-end of Mambo. After refreshing the page Mambo back-end appeared again.
That sounds like a Mambo issue, if it's happening in several areas.  Not sure what would cause it, since it is intermittent.
The other strange thing is the version of MOS_SMF.php file is given by SMF.  (Forum Maintenance/Check all files against current versions.). At Sources the version of MOS_SMF.php is ??, instead of 1.1 RC1 like the rest is.
That's because MOS_SMF.php is not part of SMF, so it doesn't understand it.  If it bothers you, you could probably copy the version line out of the header or one of the SMF files.  This is just a guess, though, I'm not sure how it does its version check.

Lextof

That's because MOS_SMF.php is not part of SMF, so it doesn't understand it.  If it bothers you, you could probably copy the version line out of the header or one of the SMF files.  This is just a guess, though, I'm not sure how it does its version check.
It doesn't bother to me now, now I know it's all ok and not one of the problems. ;D

I must say SMF keeps you busy, because I finally got SMF working when the next problem occurs. Just after the altered successful installation of SMF and logout from Mambo Back-end I'm unable to login again to the Back-end of Mambo. It says I entered a wrong username, password or that I don't have enough permission. Gee..., is there anything higher than Super Administrator?  ::) Thank the SMF installation guide for attending me to create a back up file of the database for "just in case".

I think I will have to start all over again. :-[

Orstio

QuoteI must say SMF keeps you busy, because I finally got SMF working when the next problem occurs. Just after the altered successful installation of SMF and logout from Mambo Back-end I'm unable to login again to the Back-end of Mambo. It says I entered a wrong username, password or that I don't have enough permission. Gee..., is there anything higher than Super Administrator?   Thank the SMF installation guide for attending me to create a back up file of the database for "just in case".

You need your SMF username and password to be the same as your Mambo username and password.

The bridge will change your Mambo password to match your SMF password when you login to the frontend.

So, ALWAYS use your SMF password.

Lextof

You need your SMF username and password to be the same as your Mambo username and password.

The bridge will change your Mambo password to match your SMF password when you login to the frontend.

I did! I entered the same Super Administrator username and password during SMF installation.

chadness

Luckily, that's one problem I never ran in to!

You could delete your password in the mos_users and smf_members table and log in with no password, then change it.

TriGrrrl

I had this same problem.  For some of the accounts, I was able to delete the account on the mambo side, and then log in again to allow SMF to repopulate the mambo user.

But some of the mambo accounts have admin privileges and are troublesome to delete.

TG

Quote from: Lextof on October 19, 2005, 07:09:44 AM

I did! I entered the same Super Administrator username and password during SMF installation.

Luce

Hi! I run joomla 1.0.4. (italian) and smf 1.1 RC but I've not put the bridge on 'cause I've read about a lot of problem for this one. Anyone could tell me something about a stabile version of this bridge so I couldn't have any problem?ùù

Thanx a lot!

Kindred

I don't know what "lot of problems" you've heard about, Luce...  I'ce installed the 3.19 bridge a number of times with no difficulties at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadness

Version 3.20 of the bridge should be a lot easier to install, but it requires SMF 1.1 RC2, and who knows when thatwill be released....

spiros

Let me see if I get this right. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

For the Joomla-SMF bridge to work one must:

1. Install Joomla
2. Install SMF (in the same database? Should SMF be in a joomla subdirectory?)
3. Install the bridge.

Would you advise to use Mambo or Joomla? It seems a bit confusing really,  there are all these componets etc for Mambo, but do they work for Joomla?

Kindred

1. Install Joomla
2. Install SMF
3. Install the bridge
4. Modify the bridge's file MOS_SMF.php in the SMF Sources directory as indicated in the combined readme post for Joomla installations.

a) they do not have to be in the same database (but can be, if you wish)
b) smf does not have to be a sub-directiry of Joomla... (but can be if you wish)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spiros

Thanks Kindred!

What would you guys recommend, Mambo or Joomla? Are the mambo components compatible with Joomla?

Aravot

I would recommend Joomla, most Mambo component and modules are compatible with Joomla

laser

Joomla for sure !!!

The vast majority of Mambo components and other add-ons work with Joomla, but if you have problems there's usually someone to help you fairly quickly.

Advertisement: