Directors and Officers for 2013/2014

Started by Runic, June 09, 2013, 11:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Dear community,

In April I became the acting Secretary of Simple Machines, the NPO (Non Profit Organization) behind SMF, in this time I was given the duty of organizing and chairing the Annual General Meeting of Simple Machines. At the end of May, this was run successfully.

We had 6 director positions empty this year, during the AGM the nominated candidates were voted for and a new BoD (Board of Directors) were elected in.

As per the by-laws officers also had to be elected and we are pleased to announce the new Officers and BoD for the year 2013/2014. These are as follows:

Officer Positions

CoreISP – President
Kindred – Vice President
Oldiesmann – Secretary
Illori – Treasurer

Directors

CoreISP
Kindred
Oldiesmann
Antes
Gary
Illori
Motoko-chan

I would like to thank the Directors of 2012/2013 for all their hard work. I also look forward to seeing how the new BoD moves Simple Machines forward in the next year, as I'm sure many others do.

Best Regards.

Board of Directors
Simple Machines
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Chalky

Thanks Runic and congratulations all our new directors!  Looking forward to the year ahead  :)

Deaks

Your welcome, this was my last duty as acting secretary, was meant to post yesterday but I was out all day.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Herman's Mixen

Congratulate to all our nominees ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

feline

many directors but less developer ... if that the way to bring SMF forward?
If I see what is on SMF 2.1 ... and the 3 core is totally dead.
Thats all is very bad....

Deaks

You are confusing SMF and Simple Machines, SMF is the project and Simple Machines is the business, they are separate.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

GravuTrad

Quote from: feline on June 09, 2013, 12:39:53 PM
many directors but less developer ... if that the way to bring SMF forward?
If I see what is on SMF 2.1 ... and the 3 core is totally dead.
Thats all is very bad....

Hi feline.

It's always better that the "management" around projects is managed by other people than the developers, like this devs can give their time to the development only. To many times smf devs in the past have lost their time to project managment instead of coding smf itself...

The NPO give them more time to do it (even if real life is always the main obstacle to a fast coding, and find good coders too lol...)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Colin

Congratulations to all. I am anxious to see the progress that will be made.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Runic on June 09, 2013, 12:45:26 PM
You are confusing SMF and Simple Machines, SMF is the project and Simple Machines is the business, they are separate.

It would be helpful if those involved in either (Simple Machines buisiness & SMF Project) did not wear 2 hats. This is what is contributing to the confussion. There is no definition or seperation as Feline pointed out.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Deaks

Moto doesnt have 2 hats or am I missing something, yes there is a hard line to see and its hard to seperate but it is documented the difference, and we have stated multiple times, but if people arent joining or coming forward to Simple Machines then what do you expect :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

LiroyvH

Well there are people on the organization that have a team position as well. Hard not to wear two hats if they are.

There is quite the major separation, plus explanation.
However, if you have any questions please do feel free to ask so we can look in to making it clearer. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Kindred

Of course there is overlap.

The whole point of reforming our corporation as an NPO was to make us "member owned".
Although non-team members can (and do) join the corporation, it is important for the  organization to be owned and run by (primarily) those who are the most interested in keeping the project(s) running. It would be a bad model if the organization was fully run by people who had no involvement in the project(s) that the organization sponsors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

青山 素子

Quote from: Road Rash Jr. on June 12, 2013, 09:10:05 PM
It would be helpful if those involved in either (Simple Machines buisiness & SMF Project) did not wear 2 hats. This is what is contributing to the confussion. There is no definition or seperation as Feline pointed out.

It would be helpful, yes. However, as Kindred points out, the corporation was chartered with the intent that those with the most invested in the projects are owners of the corporation that manages the resources. This limits the things that an individual without any real investment in a project can do. I'm one of the few people who is not a member of the corporation nor a project member but is a board member. I do have some past investment in the main project (SMF) sponsored by the corporation, so it's not a clean disinterest on my part.

If there are more projects in the future that are sponsored by the corporation, perhaps it will help.

Please, if you are interested in the separation of the corporation from the projects, do ask.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

DenDen60

Where can we read the legal documents related to the NPO including the rules and regulations for the organization?

Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

Quote from: denden60 on September 13, 2013, 03:31:39 PM
Where can we read the legal documents related to the NPO including the rules and regulations for the organization?

Thanks

Why so serious? Does your attorney need a copy? You run a simple forum, get real!  :-[
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: