News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

phpbb hackathon

Started by Runic, July 14, 2013, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

For the last few days our friends at phpBB have been having a hackathon 4days all locked in a room to code, so to brighten them up today on the last days we decided to send them a wee present:

The note says "Love from the SMF Team! Because you need it after the days of hard work and all the fun with the SMF Team! "

While we are in the same market there is nothing that says we cant be nice to each other, and over the last few days both teams have been talking more in our public chat and we hope that this can lead to a fruitful friendship between 2 open source softwares (dont worry folk we not merging)!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mick.

The teddy bear looks angry.

ARG01

I know it was a friendly gesture but the teddy should be wearing an SMF t-shirt.  :D
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Deaks

teddy is not from us, just the flowers, teddy is ted their mascot, like earl is ours!
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ARG01

Quote from: Runic on July 14, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Yeh Earl our Mascot!

I see...........................well, sort of.  :D

Gary

We need Plushie Earls, stat! :P

For the record their mascot is named Bertie.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

4Kstore

I love bertie the bear :D
Is a fantastic gesture from smf people... congrats!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Colin

Hehe. It went over quite nicely.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Realinfo

when SMF going to 3.0?

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

ARG01

Arantor

And if you read the blog you'd see we're doing 2.1 in the meantime with lots of cool stuff.

Advertisement: