[SMF Converter] UBB.threads 7.5

Started by emanuele, October 26, 2013, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Here it is an hopefully working converter for UBB.threads 7.5.

Thanks to Sea Mac and his collaborators that provided the database and support to fix the converter.

I hope it will be helpful to others as well.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Sea Mac

1,000,000 thanks for helping us out!

Our forum had 12 years at UBB Classic/Threads: with OVER 247,000 posts in more than 22,200 topics. Famous people - Like John Morley and (I think) Terence McKenna - have posted (and since died) and we REALLY Wanted to preserve what they wrote to us ....

But it seems that UBB Threads is not being updated, or developed, much (if at all) and is now becoming practically unusable - requiring older versions of PHP and the like. I've been a SMF user (and beta tester of 2) for 7 years: and had WANTED to get my Home forum "Up to Date" and SECURE since 2007. But NO ONE has (until today) a viable converter for UBB Threads 7.5.7 to ANY open source PHP BBS ... so we were "Stuck" in that old UBB Threads - stranded actually!

You Saved our "Gold" for Us!!!! WE are eternally grateful!!! (And SMF users 4ever ...
:laugh: )

I suppose I should report the problems with the WYSIWYG editing (leaving 'extra' BBC tags scattered throughout posts and the like) these New SMF users are reporting to me
::) .... (Sigh). And Posts in GrandChildren Boards are not showing up in "Last Post" item on front page ... (Whaaaa. big whoop ::) )

But most of them have never SEEN detailed Stats before - or so many ways to add expression to posting - and are as delighted as children at Christmas with the NEW forum.

You do magnificent work - Thank You!!

Sea Mac and the Gang ..

emanuele

Glad to be able to help. :)

Quote from: Sea Mac on October 26, 2013, 12:55:55 PM
I suppose I should report the problems with the WYSIWYG editing (leaving 'extra' BBC tags scattered throughout posts and the like) these New SMF users are reporting to me ::)
It's a known bug.
I think I tried to fix some of those errors while working on 2.1 (the fixes should still be around in the "fixes or bogus bug" board and should be possible to find them), but then I stopped when a brand new editor was used to replace the current one (And the second option is that you can install the SCEditor mod that brings the editor that will be used on SMF 2.1 to SMF 2.0).

Quote from: Sea Mac on October 26, 2013, 12:55:55 PM
And Posts in GrandChildren Boards are not showing up in "Last Post" item on front page ... (Whaaaa. big whoop ::) )
And this is done like that by design, in order to keep the performance impact of such operations at an acceptable level.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

margarett

The grand children "thing" is normal, as you may know.
There is a MOD to solve that, but with a performance hit attached...

kudos emanuele, you're the conversion master :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ichinen

I'm echoing what Sea Mac wrote:

Quote1,000,000 thanks for helping us out!

Our forum had 12 years at UBB Classic/Threads: with OVER 247,000 posts in more than 22,200 topics. Famous people - Like John Morley and (I think) Terence McKenna - have posted (and since died) and we REALLY Wanted to preserve what they wrote to us ....
But it seems that UBB Threads is not being updated, or developed, much (if at all) and is now becoming practically unusable - requiring older versions of PHP and the like. I've been a SMF user (and beta tester of 2) for 7 years: and had WANTED to get my Home forum "Up to Date" and SECURE since 2007. But NO ONE has (until today) a viable converter for UBB Threads 7.5.7 to ANY open source PHP BBS ... so we were "Stuck" in that old UBB Threads - stranded actually!

You Saved our "Gold" for Us!!!! WE are eternally grateful!!! (And SMF users 4ever ... :laugh: )

"Famous people - Like John Morley and (I think) Terence McKenna - have posted (and since died) and we REALLY Wanted to preserve what they wrote to us ...."

Not to mention Karl Hanes (who worked with Salvia divinorum for depression, when it was legal in Australia); there are others, but I will respect their privacy.

I must say, though, that we were becoming a bit frantic, being 'stuck' at UBB Classic (then Threads), because many of us ONLY post our research and reports of findings at WorldEyes, and it would have been tragic to have lost all that, since much of our work cannot be found anyplace else on the internet...

I am deeply grateful to Sea Mac for all his tinkering with SMF at his other websites, to make sure SMF fits our WorldEyes community like a glove.

And emanuele, you have no idea what a service you've provided in creating that converter for us - and WE got to help with getting the bugs out, so the next "UBB refugees" will have a squeaky clean converter. Thank you, so much.

*bowing Respect and Appreciation*

Ichinen / anna

forumfjott

Hi there
Never done converting before, but the process seemed straight forward and I gave it a go.

This is how far I got :D

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (board_order)

I'm converting from Ubbthreads 7.5 to smf 2.0.6
Any clue what I can do to get things running further?

Sea Mac

Quote from: forumfjott on November 07, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
Hi there
Never done converting before, but the process seemed straight forward and I gave it a go.

This is how far I got :D

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (board_order)

I'm converting from Ubbthreads 7.5 to smf 2.0.6
Any clue what I can do to get things running further?
This might depend on what version of UBB Threads you are running.

The UBB Threads database we gave to the development team here was for UBB Threads 7.5.7 (the "latest" version of UBB Threads). What version of UBB Threads are you running?

(If it is a version of 7.5 BEFORE 7.5.7 I would recommend that you upgrade your version of UBB Threads to version 7.5.7 first. It seems UBB makes significant changes to their databases even between 'minor' 0.0.X releases so I wouldn't think an earlier version would convert without a hitch.)

Hope this helps!

emanuele

I don't have any more the db, so I can't be sure, though you can try adding:

$row['board_order'] = (int) $row['board_order'];

just after the line:
$row['description'] = str_replace("\"", """, $row['description']);
this won't fix the issue, but at least it should let you continue.
Some boards may be in the wrong order after the conversion.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

forumfjott

managed to get past this one, but is now stuck on the next part.

QuoteConverting topics...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_last_msg)

This one I don't see a solution to. Will try to update to 7.5.7 during the weekend if you cannot help me on this one.

Thanks a lot for your attention

emanuele

O_o

No idea, sorry. I'd have to have a look at the database to know what could be wrong on that one...
It may be something related to polls, but it's difficult to guess.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

forumfjott

I don't even know where to start looking...
Fingers crossed for the update to fix it

forumfjott

Update did not fix it :(

I've googled the issue, but cannot find any other having asked the same question.
Mind me asking... Is it related to the newly installed forum or the old one?
Can it be skipped?

Oldiesmann

The only way to fix that issue is to either figure out what's causing it to begin with, or add code to force that value to be an integer, which will cause more problems later on (after the conversion, information about the last post in a particular topic may not be displayed properly).

Without access to the database, it's difficult to say what could be causing that.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

emanuele

The ubb db schema has TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID as int, a LEFT JOIN should not cause problems with the first table (AFAIK), and it cannot be skipped because IIRC SMF has an index on (id_last_msg, id_board) that would prevent throw in "random" numbers...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

StanJ

Colin

Have a read through this before doing any of it, if you will. It will explain what to do, step by step.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Converting
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

forumfjott

OK.
Deleted the last forum and try again.
I now have clean install smf v2.0.6.
Database is set to the same as the present ubbthreads database. The prefix is set to smf_.

Forum up and running OK

uploaded the two files:
ubbt7-5_to_smf.sql
convert.php

run convert.php

Same error

Converting topics...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_last_msg)

I have seen through the database and cannot even find any tables or other data mentioning id_last_msg, so I'm 100% stuck.
I'll grant access to the PHPMyAdmin for emanuelle if you think you can help me get things going...

mentalist

in ubbthreads75_to_smf.sql find:
---* {$to_prefix}topics
---{

add after
$row['id_last_msg'] = (int) $row['id_last_msg'];

forumfjott

Thanks Dexter

New error msg:

Converting topics...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member_updated)

:-\

Found it in
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting topics...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}topics;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_topics;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_boards;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_mark_read;

---* {$to_prefix}topics
---{
$row['id_last_msg'] = (int) $row['id_last_msg'];
$ignore = true;
---}
SELECT
t.TOPIC_ID AS id_topic, t.TOPIC_IS_STICKY AS is_sticky, t.FORUM_ID AS id_board,
t.POST_ID AS id_first_msg, t.TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID AS id_last_msg,
t.USER_ID AS id_member_started, t.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_ID AS [b]id_member_updated[/b],
IFNULL(ps.POLL_ID, 0) AS id_poll,
t.TOPIC_REPLIES AS num_replies, t.TOPIC_VIEWS AS num_views,
t.TOPIC_STATUS = 'C' AS locked, t.TOPIC_IS_APPROVED as approved
FROM {$from_prefix}TOPICS AS t
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}POLL_DATA as ps ON (ps.POST_ID = t.POST_ID);

margarett

You should try the same principle:

$row['id_member_updated'] = (int) $row['id_member_updated'];

Although the main concern would be to understand WHY are those fields not interpreted as integers in the first place.
Can you check in SMF "smf_topics" table if the "id_last_msg" was correctly converted in your last run?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: