News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] UBB.threads 7.5

Started by emanuele, October 26, 2013, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2013, 03:01:11 PM
Please note that you can increase that as much as you want. It will only stop when you hit some limit (memory, timeout, max connections, etc) or if your MySQL "dies" due to excessive connections and the converter hangs.
In any case, just decrease and retry ;)
Well, it's not really like that.
The converter pauses only in case of timeouts, but increasing the number could lead you to hit a memory limit or the max_allowed_packet limit.
And use ignore with caution, it's not always *so* good.

REPLACE should be the default option (otherwise I wouldn't be able to use that "trick" in both this and the IPB converter (even though I'm not sure why I actually used that recount at all since it should be part of the task at the end)).
I'm still a bit surprised by all the errors you are encountering, I'd suspect some bigger issue somewhere with your server configuration, though... heh

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

margarett

Yes, I was referring to those limits, that why I said that it "hangs". Bad wording, I suppose :P

Quote from: emanuele on November 11, 2013, 06:36:34 PM
I'm still a bit surprised by all the errors you are encountering, I'd suspect some bigger issue somewhere with your server configuration, though... heh
Yes, my thoughts too...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

forumfjott

Thanks.
I'll just place \xxxxx\ in lines and hope it works.

I edited the sql file and went for a last run yesterday. I only had notepad and a crappy mousepad available, so I only inserted a few of the lines:

/******************************************************************************/
--- Recounting post counts...
/******************************************************************************/

---* {$to_prefix}members 50
---{
$type = 'replace';
$row['date_registered'] = (int) $row['date_registered'];
$row['lngfile'] = (int) $row['lngfile'];
$row['last_login'] = (int) $row['last_login'];
$row['real_name'] = (int) $row['real_name'];
$row['instant_messages'] = (int) $row['instant_messages'];
$row['unread_messages'] = (int) $row['unread_messages'];
$row['new_pm'] = (int) $row['new_pm'];
$row['buddy_list'] = (int) $row['buddy_list'];
---}

SELECT m.id_member, mem.member_name, mem.date_registered, COUNT(*) as posts, mem.id_group, mem.lngfile, mem.last_login, mem.real_name, mem.instant_messages, mem.unread_messages,

mem.new_pm, mem.buddy_list, mem.pm_ignore_list, mem.pm_prefs, mem.mod_prefs, mem.message_labels, mem.passwd, mem.openid_uri, mem.email_address, mem.personal_text, mem.gender,

mem.birthdate, mem.website_title, mem.website_url, mem.location, mem.icq, mem.aim, mem.yim, mem.msn, mem.hide_email, mem.show_online, mem.time_format, mem.signature,

mem.time_offset, mem.avatar, mem.pm_email_notify, mem.karma_bad, mem.karma_good, mem.usertitle, mem.notify_announcements, mem.notify_regularity, mem.notify_send_body,

mem.notify_types, mem.member_ip, mem.member_ip2, mem.secret_question, mem.secret_answer, mem.id_theme, mem.is_activated, mem.validation_code, mem.id_msg_last_visit,

mem.additional_groups, mem.smiley_set, mem.id_post_group, mem.total_time_logged_in, mem.password_salt, mem.ignore_boards, mem.warning, mem.passwd_flood, mem.pm_receive_from
FROM {$to_prefix}messages as m
LEFT JOIN {$to_prefix}members as mem ON (m.id_member = mem.id_member)
WHERE m.id_member != 0
GROUP BY m.id_member;
---*'

Still it gave the same error when finishing counting posts:
QuoteConverting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Recounting post counts...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_group)
EDIT...new error

I'll \delete\ the lines and give it another go right now.

I've encountered the memory limit when setting 6000 posts. I now run it with 1500 and it's OK.
When I wrote "it hangs", I had'nt noticed the count rising in the URL address line. It seemd like the 3,2,1,0 Continue button down counted over and over again without getting on with the process. Thats why I wrote that a progress bar or active Icon would be nice to have to inform users that the process is running.

forumfjott

Error in convert script - line 176!
Successful.
Converting polls... Unsuccessful!
This query:
/--- Recounting post counts...
/
/---* `ubbthreads2`.smf_members 50/
/---{/
/$type = 'replace';/
/$row['date_registered'] = (int) $row['date_registered'];/
/$row['lngfile'] = (int) $row['lngfile'];/
/$row['last_login'] = (int) $row['last_login'];/
/$row['real_name'] = (int) $row['real_name'];/
/$row['instant_messages'] = (int) $row['instant_messages'];/
/$row['unread_messages'] = (int) $row['unread_messages'];/
/$row['new_pm'] = (int) $row['new_pm'];/
/$row['buddy_list'] = (int) $row['buddy_list'];/
/---}/
/SELECT m.id_member, mem.member_name, mem.date_registered, COUNT(*) as posts, mem.id_group, mem.lngfile, mem.last_login, mem.real_name, mem.instant_messages, mem.unread_messages,/ /mem.new_pm, mem.buddy_list, mem.pm_ignore_list, mem.pm_prefs, mem.mod_prefs, mem.message_labels, mem.passwd, mem.openid_uri, mem.email_address, mem.personal_text, mem.gender, //mem.birthdate, mem.website_title, mem.website_url, mem.location, mem.icq, mem.aim, mem.yim, mem.msn, mem.hide_email, mem.show_online, mem.time_format, mem.signature,//mem.time_offset, mem.avatar, mem.pm_email_notify, mem.karma_bad, mem.karma_good, mem.usertitle, mem.notify_announcements, mem.notify_regularity, mem.notify_send_body,/ /mem.notify_types, mem.member_ip, mem.member_ip2, mem.secret_question, mem.secret_answer, mem.id_theme, mem.is_activated, mem.validation_code, mem.id_msg_last_visit,/ /mem.additional_groups, mem.smiley_set, mem.id_post_group, mem.total_time_logged_in, mem.password_salt, mem.ignore_boards, mem.warning, mem.passwd_flood, mem.pm_receive_from/
/FROM `ubbthreads2`.smf_messages as m/
/   LEFT JOIN `ubbthreads2`.smf_members as mem ON (m.id_member = mem.id_member)/
/WHERE m.id_member != 0/
/GROUP BY m.id_member;/
/---*'/
TRUNCATE `ubbthreads2`.smf_polls;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/--- Recounting post counts...
/
/---* `ubbthreads2`.smf_members 50/
/---{/
/$ty' at line 1

margarett

That is wrong... Just delete that part ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

forumfjott

I deleted the whole section and "got through"

Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options...Duplicate entry '66-255' for key 1

than it DO hang. Nothing happens.
When starting the convert.php again, it have to count the posts once more. FU*K.

forumfjott

I deleted everything with polls and restart the convert.php.

Whats next ;)?

margarett

Don't delete the polls (if you have polls in your actual forum)

Use the "ignore" trick ;)

forumfjott

Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2013, 07:33:09 AM

Use the "ignore" trick ;)

Ignore trick?

THere havent been polls for a long long time, so I guess it won't be missed if they do not convert, but we need the function later on once in a while.
I deleted the lines and put them in another file, sql_outtakes" and run again. It counts pretty fast now, but still it's no fun that particular part :D

The forum is still clean as a babys bum regarding topics and forums, but i have to log in using the "old" login info.
Still it states the forum only got 1 member.

margarett

Did you finish?

Now you need to login with your admin account, go to Maintenance -> Recount totals

Everything should be corrected, then ;)

forumfjott

It went past and straight to the personal msgs part 1... :D

but looks like I'm not admin anymore... Hope the global admin can log in and set my permissions.

EDIT: Converting personal messages (step 2)...   :D

forumfjott

Next error:
QuoteConverting personal messages (step 2)...
Successful.
Converting censored words... Successful.
Converting moderators...Duplicate entry '19-651' for key 1

What to do to get past this one?...
I hope the process in front now is saved

margarett

You can admin yourself in the database ;)

I'm on the phone now, can't show you how to bypass that error...

forumfjott

Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2013, 07:53:17 AM
Did you finish?

Now you need to login with your admin account, go to Maintenance -> Recount totals

Everything should be corrected, then ;)

hmmmm... managed to make me an Admin
Also all forums state i.e. 22689 posts, 0 topics, so something with topic convertions went wrong?

margarett

Administration Center » Maintenance » Forum Maintenance » Routine
Click the button under "Recount all forum totals and statistics"

margarett

forumfjott

JIPPI!!!

Run all tasks and all posts, members, msgs +++ is up and running.

Will invite a few members to start betatesting it looking for snag/bugs and customizing this and that.
All polls are in it's own category (Salvaged posts), but that process was deleted by me. Hope new polls will work, but the old ones can be deleted permanently. Will keep them still though.

The support from you guys are outstanding!
I hope you get the converter to work better for others in time to come, but I'm glad I didn't gave up.

I will post findings here... if there is any.

Sea Mac

Congratulations on your successful struggle to escape what we laughingly wound up calling "UBB Gulag"! I, myself, couldn't offer ANY coding advice but you, apparently, are no stranger to PHP ...  ;D

You are right: support here is the best. It seems you had 3 times as many members and twice as many posts as we did: valuable freight indeed!

(
and searching Google for "UBB 7.5 converter" brings this topic up to the top ... SMF is the ONLY escape  ;D ! )

Ichinen

I offer my congratulations as well, for another UBB refugee making your escape from the "UBB Gulag"! WE couldn't be happier with our new SMF home - we couldn't have done it without the wonderful support here.

I hope you enjoy YOUR new SMF home!

Advertisement: