News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Restrict who can see IP's

Started by geoff691, November 09, 2013, 11:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff691

Is there a package which is compatible with SMF 2.0.6 which will allow me to control who can see members IP addresses?   Alternatively, is there an upgrade which will hide mods IP addresses and render them invisible to other mods?

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Arantor

I've been tempted to change SMF's behaviour on this score for a while... and tie it to ability to ban.

Since you can ban by IP address, you need to be able to see IP addresses to make sure you don't ban someone by accident.

Does this make sense?

Illori

sounds good to me. or maybe have a non-ip ban permission where the user can not ban by ip at all so if they can not view the ip of all members they can not ban the ip. but that just complicates things... if you trust your staff let them do things fully if not dont give them access in the first place.

Arantor

That would require a rather hefty overhaul of the ban system at present to make that happen.

That's why I deliberately kept it simple ;)

Advertisement: