My Posts: User profile sub-menu item

Started by Chas Large, December 04, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas Large

Link to Mod

My Posts: User Profile Menu Item

This mod adds a "My Posts" item to the User Profile drop down menu allowing quick access to the
   user's posts rather than having to drill down into the profile.

For use with SMF 2.0.xx only

History
V1.1 Added licence and corrected code formatting
V1.0 Installed and tested on two forums

Please use the support link if required.

Regards

Chas Large
November 2013

Copyright (c) 2013, Charles Large
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

natasa (NT)

Nice mod Chas Large  :).
I would like to to put My Posts (or, better, my topics) in custom php block in Simple Portal.
I tried to do that but no luck.
Can you help me?
Thanks!

Arantor

This mod adds a menu item to the profile menu, pointing to a page that already exists in the profile, it doesn't add that page.

Getting a list of topics for a portal block is not particularly difficult but this mod won't help you. Best to start a new topic in the coding discussion board with full details, such as the information you want to display.

natasa (NT)

kamili34

Polis translation.

//My Posts Mod
$txt['myposts']= 'Moje Posty';

Chas Large

Thanks to kamili34 for the translation, I have updated the mod. :)

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

oljo

Hey.

How can i change the language to "mine innlegg" everything else is in norwegian except this :)

margarett

Edit Themes/default/languages/index.norwegian.php (not exactly sure if this is the correct file name, sorry...) and add at the end (a line before >?)
  //My Posts Mod
  $txt['myposts']= 'mine innlegg';

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Chas Large

Quote from: oljo on February 11, 2015, 08:51:49 AM
Hey.

How can i change the language to "mine innlegg" everything else is in norwegian except this :)

Quote from: margarett on February 11, 2015, 09:18:23 AM
Edit Themes/default/languages/index.norwegian.php (not exactly sure if this is the correct file name, sorry...) and add at the end (a line before >?)
  //My Posts Mod
  $txt['myposts']= 'mine innlegg';

I'll update the mod and post here to include that, thanks margarett.

Chas Large

Have updated the mod to add in the Norwegian translation, thanks.

As with any modification to SMF, back up the site and the database then uninstall version 1.2 of the mod from the package manager then install version 1.3 and you're good to go.

oljo

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply and help!

Suriya-DsR

Just a heads up - I seemed to have an issue with this mod. Here's the thread in support I posted about my problem. As soon as I uninstalled this mod, I no longer had the Topic Author changing on me.

Support Thread

To be fair, I have no idea if it was caused by your mod, but as soon as I wasn't using it anymore my issue went away. Cheers!

Burke ♞ Knight

Indeed.... Very strange event, and I'll try a test site with this mod and the Sub-Accounts, to see if it is due to some conflict.

Burke ♞ Knight

I am unable to reproduce this, but it could be due to changes done in this mod since the version used by above member.
Or changes to the SubAccounts mod.

Chas Large

Quote from: Suriya-DsR on February 23, 2015, 04:21:14 PM
Just a heads up - I seemed to have an issue with this mod. Here's the thread in support I posted about my problem. As soon as I uninstalled this mod, I no longer had the Topic Author changing on me.

Support Thread

To be fair, I have no idea if it was caused by your mod, but as soon as I wasn't using it anymore my issue went away. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up.

If my mod has caused you problems then sorry but I am not in a position to try and replicate your forum's setup in order to try and fix it. This mod does not affect any of the several forums I use with a variety of other mods installed. It would seem the SubAccounts mod is where the problem is introduced.

My mod merely adds a sub menu item to an already established SMF sub menu with a function already built in to SMF to list "My Posts" so I really cannot see how it is causing a problem. Therefore I would respectfully suggest you ask for assistance for the SubAccounts modification.

Advertisement: