406 Not Acceptable (2.0.7)

Started by k1ngqu33n, February 16, 2014, 03:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou69

Good for you.  Stand on them. :)

If you do not have an FTP software you can download FileZilla from here: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1

You want the win32 setup.exe file.

k1ngqu33n

Quote from: Lou69 on February 17, 2014, 09:56:41 AM
Good for you.  Stand on them. :)

If you do not have an FTP software you can download FileZill from here: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1

You want the win32 setup.exe file.

This is the Live support chat I'm having with them: (Note that I did choose domain support, because they don't have hosting support live chat support. They only have phone. But, I'm going to see if they still help me even in the wrong department)

Like, I'm getting just too frustrated. I'm at the point where I'm 99% debating to switch back to hostgator.
6:51:49 AM
Thad
We do not normally support Hosting services. Let me take a look and see what I can find out
6:51:55 AM
Customer
It's so simple and you guys should be able to fix it.
6:52:05 AM
Customer
This is something big that others have experienced as well and you guys should work your hardest to help us customers. Working hard isn't me being on the phone for 2 and a half hours as that happened last night.

k1ngqu33n

They asked me for my IP, which I gave them.
Is that normal?

Lou69

Hmmm, yeah. What they are doing is whitelisting or writing rules for your IP address so that their security does not block you. Only problem is that your IP is probably DHCP ( dynamic ) and may change from time to time. But this is a good start.

k1ngqu33n

Yeah exactly.
I'm at my trailer right now, which isn't my main internet.

So when I go home, the problem will probably occur again right?

Lou69

It could. The important aspect is for them to lessen the security for your site to function. But, that should be across the 'board' and not necessarily based on an IP. At present you are unable to do any admin type function regardless of IP, so they need to ease up a bit on mod_security regardless of your IP.

After that is squared away you can use a script such as crawlprotect to strengthen your site. You want them to protect your site but not keep you out and you also want to protect your site with your own tools.

k1ngqu33n

Threatened them for the fifth or something time now. I said this in the ticket:

I don't mean to be mean, but I am now at the point where I am demanding this to get resolved. If this simple issue isn't resolved in approximately a day , I'm switching hosts.

Sorry, and thank you.

margarett

It should be noted also that this *IS* a known issue and it was *ALWAYS* solved by them disabling mod_security.

Also, we tried several times to get them to tell us (our devs) what exactly is triggering mod_security so that we can fix it on our side. They never contacted us.

So...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

k1ngqu33n

Quote from: margarett on February 17, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
It should be noted also that this *IS* a known issue and it was *ALWAYS* solved by them disabling mod_security.

Also, we tried several times to get them to tell us (our devs) what exactly is triggering mod_security so that we can fix it on our side. They never contacted us.

So...

Yeah!
That's why I'm siding with you guys.

This is a known issue that obviously they're aware of. Multiple simple machine members have had this issue. If the resolution is just disabling it, they need to do that!

k1ngqu33n

On the phone with them again. About to speak with an agent.
Any tips before the call starts guys? Besides going hard on them?

k1ngqu33n

They told me again that the mod security cannot simply be turned off because im not on a dedicated server. So he said it will affect other people.

Kindred

and we KNOW that they are fibbing....  because a dozen other folks here have already gone through the same thing -- and after hours or days of back and forth, they finally make it to someone in level 2 or level 3 service who goes "oh yeah -- done"

Seriously this has become such an issue that they should have this in the level 1 scripts "Please forward on to level 2 support"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

k1ngqu33n

- Solved.

They fixed my IP and the Developer made sure to include something in which if my IP get's reset and it seems to work.
I used my dad's iPhone on 3G and the buttons still worked.

If anyone else experiences this, make sure if you're using GD (GoDaddy) or any other sucker host, make sure to push them as hard as you can. Don't kiss their you know what. If they're going to play hardball, you're going to play ball with them.

Lou69

:)  Cool beans.  Glad you stuck with it and got your site going.

Advertisement: