News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

April 2014 Update

Started by Suki, April 01, 2014, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Small, consistent update.

- You can now report users and not just messages.
- Both Update and Install files got several fixes and improvements.
- Make the "Download new packages" to be hidden by default and make the title to be click-able to show the entire section.
- Move the "Upload a Package" block to the top so users don't get confused in package page.
- Re-direct the admin to the themes list instead of the default theme when there is an error in the themes directory. Makes it easier to do any changes.
- Remove the 'who can view warning status' setting in favor of permissions.
- Permissions UI got an overhaul.
- More theme improvements.
- Custom profile fields are now re-arrangeable.
- Custom profile fields now appear on the MemberList.
- Hardcoded old fields converted to custom fields got some bug fixes and improvements.
- Of course a good amount of bugs were fixed.

That's pretty much it, as always, you can take a look at where the fun is happening: http://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 and remember, due to the volatile nature of the repo, installing 2.1 for production is not recommended. You can, however, install it on a local or test site and give us a hand at reporting issues.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Irisado

Thanks to the Development Team for all the work that has gone into this, and for keeping us updated.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Chainy

Thank you for the update, Suki. It's looking good.

AllanD

Nice update, thank you for posting
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Antes

Thanks for update, well done! :)

Tekkla

Thank you for the hard and continuous work! :)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Robert.

Great work and thanks for the update!

marcusslavorum

Wow i'm amazed how SMF is progressing. Good job Suki (and rest that are involved). Reading all this makes me want to join you up and help you out. Also Reading Antes thread about official responsive theme is also a great move too as it will give and force the theme makers to built there themes in a responsive manner too. If only you would make an official version of a front page blog (such as simpleportal) for users could present their threads on front page as an article and that would pretty much be it imo.

I'm really glad seeing all this happening, i feel like SMF will not only be at technological level with rest both forum/blogging software but in fact will be ahead of most.

SebaS

QuoteWarning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an equal number of elements in C:\AppServ\www\SMF\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 697

Fatal error: The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: member_name(install.php-1479) in C:\AppServ\www\SMF\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 762

Error in clean install, admin user creation step.

Suki

Quote from: SebaS on April 10, 2014, 07:17:47 PM
QuoteWarning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an equal number of elements in C:\AppServ\www\SMF\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 697

Fatal error: The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: member_name(install.php-1479) in C:\AppServ\www\SMF\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 762

This has been fixed.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SebaS

Quote from: Suki on April 11, 2014, 07:01:12 PM
Quote from: SebaS on April 10, 2014, 07:17:47 PM

This has been fixed.

Excelente Jessica. Funciona perfecto ahora. Saludos

Advertisement: