News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Lucid Dreams

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, March 06, 2014, 03:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

Lucid Dreams
(For SMF 2.0.x)
Theme by xPandax | Taken over by: BurkeKnight

This theme will no longer be updated, due to SMF 2.1.

Features

• Flat theme with 4 colors schemes.
  • Colour schemes can be changed by both guests & members from the fixed top navigation bar.
  • Fluid width.
  • Custom 3x3 level links in the main menu (a bit overkill, yes I know that ::)).
  • Custom copyright & links in the footer.
  • Fixed top navigation bar with social icons, search box, login box and a few user options.
  • Fixed bottom navigation bar with breadcrumb menu and up & down navigation buttons.
  • Everything is CSS based, so everything works even if javascript is disabled.
  • The up & down navigation buttons use jquery (for smooth sliding) but still woks (in the classic style) if javascript is disabled.

Social Addon Mod - Installs via Package Manager

• Lucid_Dreams_v1_Social_Addon_Mod - For the original version of the theme, by xPandax.
  • Lucid_Dreams_v2_Social_Addon_Mod - For the new version 2 of the theme, by BurkeKnight.

This mod, available for both versions of the theme, adds Steam, Github and LinkedIn to the social icons section on top menu

Supported SMF Versions
Tested on fresh installation of 2.0.x.

Supported Languages

• English
Translations to other languages are welcome. Please post them in this Support Thread for this Theme.

Support
If you need support with this theme, please use the Support Thread for this Theme.

How-To
Options for the custom copyright, social icons, footer menu and adding extra menu to the main menu can be found in the theme settings. Browse to Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme.

If you are using custom option in the main menu and want to change the name of 'Home' (n the main menu) to something else then browse to /Themes/Lucid_Dreams/languages/ThemeStrings.english.php. Edit the 4th line as per your need.
$txt['home'] = 'Home';

You should edit only the 'Home' part and not the other part. For example, if you want to rename 'Home' to 'Community' then it should look like the following.
$txt['home'] = 'Community';

Changelog
v2.0.1 - 8/30/14

• Theme taken over by BurkeKnight
  • Minor edits to some files due to takeover.

v1.1 (14 March 2014)

• Changed the CSS for quotes.
  • Fixed a bug in the theme string.
v1.0
  • Initial release.

License

This is free and unencumbered work released into the public domain. For more information, see http://unlicense.org/ or the accompanying UNLICENSE file.

AllanD

Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smartblogz

This theme is off  the chains. Totally awesome. WOW!

br360

This really is an awesome theme, and honestly one of the best ones I've ever seen. All installed mods worked right out of the gate when I installed the theme, and I really like what you did with new members waiting approval and reported post notifications too.

The only question I have; since they are already in the navigation menu, is there a way to hide or remove the additional home, search, messages and logout icons in the top, upper left? Just seems a little redundant to have them on the index page twice.

Other than that, very impressive.

Neo_TE

Quote from: AllanD on March 06, 2014, 04:12:13 PM
Great looking theme.
Quote from: margarett on March 06, 2014, 09:05:45 PM
^^ This ;)
Quote from: smartblogz on March 08, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
This theme is off  the chains. Totally awesome. WOW!
Quote from: br360 on March 09, 2014, 04:02:04 AM
This really is an awesome theme, and honestly one of the best ones I've ever seen. All installed mods worked right out of the gate when I installed the theme, and I really like what you did with new members waiting approval and reported post notifications too.

The only question I have; since they are already in the navigation menu, is there a way to hide or remove the additional home, search, messages and logout icons in the top, upper left? Just seems a little redundant to have them on the index page twice.

Other than that, very impressive.

Thank you very much. :D

Quote from: br360 on March 09, 2014, 04:02:04 AM

There are no such options and I don't have any idea to add such options. Those are like quick access to home, search etc. when you scroll away from the main menu and also, to me, the top navigation bar looked better with those icons. :P

But you are free to edit the theme in any way you want as the theme is licensed under "UNLICENSE" license. :P

If you want to hide them only in the index page, then you should add rules in index.template.php like

if (board index) {
hide this icon
}
else {
show this icon
}

and so on for each icon that you want to hide.

If you want to remove them then you should remove the respective code from index.template.php.

Rasmus69

Hello. First of all: My english is bad. I am here in Germany.
The theme is super cool and I'd like to use it for a Harley forum.
I have a problem: I want to top, next to "My Community" place a Grafik.png and now try after an hour, I do not advise more.
Please help!  :-\

Best regards from North Germany.

Rasmus

lynohd

How would i go ahead and make my own buttons that opens new websites?
Im new too this forum-kinda thing and CSS or whatever u call it.. with other words. I dont know anything

GamePersia

How to add home link in Header banner ??  :-\

euripides

CMOBOSS_OLD

When the theme menu is clciked it opens the link in a new page rather than the same page. Can you do something about that. if a member clicks on home, then forums or a menu sub link it just opens new pages..

GamePersia

whenever trying to add an additional tab in head menu bar,..it's working but coming before home tab.
http://i.gyazo.com/a3955634ae55e99e675b853a13dcce35.png

Kindly tell how to add tab before logout tab ??
margarett and all other buddies help dude,..this is urgent and a tab need to be added !!

margarett

AFAIK, the tabs have a fixed positioning. If you want to add a tab in any other place, you need to follow the usual way to add buttons in 2.0
How do I add buttons to SMF 2.0?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GamePersia

Quote from: margarett on April 16, 2014, 05:44:22 AM
AFAIK, the tabs have a fixed positioning. If you want to add a tab in any other place, you need to follow the usual way to add buttons in 2.0
How do I add buttons to SMF 2.0?
Hmm,..i know you will give a sweet solution always,.will try this one !!
Last ouestion,..what do you mean by "AFAIK" ??
And "margarett" is your real name ?? :P

margarett

GamePersia

Quote from: margarett on April 16, 2014, 09:20:36 AM
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/a/f/What-Is-AFAIK.htm

My real name is in my signature
AFAIK= As far as i know  ;D
i got it !!
but your real name  :(
cannot read the language.. :-[

edit : is it Bruno Alves ???
i got it.. :D ;D :laugh:

Urielus

Hello :)

I translate this Theme to polish but is not working well.. can u help me improve this translation?

AllanD

I was wondering how to get the top breadcrumb back, once you are in a post you can't go back have to go to forum.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

GamePersia

how to reduce width of this theme ??

GeekMadness

Quote from: AllanD on April 17, 2014, 02:56:50 PM
I was wondering how to get the top breadcrumb back, once you are in a post you can't go back have to go to forum.

In index.template.php in your themes folder look for:

// The main content should go here.
echo '
<div id="main_content-wrap">
<div id="main_content">';

// Custom banners and shoutboxes should be placed here, before the linktree.

// Show the navigation tree.
// theme_linktree();

Uncomment theme_linktree(); and it will show up again.

The breadcrumbs are already displayed at the bottom too, but it's easy to miss.

Advertisement: