News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pages Mod

Started by 2by2host, September 15, 2008, 03:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Because SMF caches are short term caches; they are ditched once they are over a certain age and rebuilt.

br360

Good to know. Thank you.

br360

I noticed today that whenever I make any change to any of the pages, I get this error-

https://mysite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=pages;sa=edit;page=3
8192: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead.
File: /home/content/xx/xxxxxx/html/Sources/Pages.php
Line: 264

here are a few lines and line 264 as well.

257: $cache_file = pages_put_cache($_REQUEST['page'], $_POST['content'], $enablephp, $enablebbc);
258: if (!$cache_file)
259: fatal_error($txt['page_management_error_caching'], false);
260:
261: $_POST['perms'][] = 1;
262:
263: for($i = 0; $i < count($_POST['perms']); $i++)
==>264: $permissions[] = mysql_escape_string($_POST['perms'][$i]);
265:

Any idea why this just started happening, and a fix for this?

br360

Fixed.

Update for anyone else that encounters this. I recently went from php 5.3 to 5.4, and that seemed to be the issue causing the error.

To fix:

in sources/pages.php find:

mysql_escape_string

replace with:

mysql_real_escape_string

JoeBenton2014

Okay!

Sorry for posing two questions recently but

Ive done this tut:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

Then when I click create new custom page:

I create a new table called smf_pages with 999 feilds and still doesnt work.

Please could someone give me a hand here.

Dzonny

Hello there,

Can you please post a link to the mod you're using, as the parse link you placed is not valid.

Also, for this kind of questions the best would be to firstly ask in mods support topic, did you do that?

Antes

You parsed the mod did the changes but forgot to run DB :) You need to download the mod pack & find the file which does the db changes (seems install.php on your mod)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1311

JoeBenton2014

Thank you so much for helping me, Little more info on the database thing as when i add a table it doenst work! :(

Dzonny

When you download the mod package you'll notice 2.x/install.php file. Upload that file to your server at the location where ssi.php is, and run it by going to yourforum.com/install.php.

After that don't forget to delete the file, and let us know if that helped.

Irisado

Merged with mod support topic for Pages Mod.  Please post in the thread for support for the mod you are using in future, rather than start a new thread in an inappropriate board.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

suresh1983

Hi,

I tried pages mod and was successful in installing it and in creating pages.

Request you to kindly help me the code for creating some thing as mentioned below.

I would actually like to add a drop down menu to the page with a button (Click here).

In the drop down, I want to add page 1, page 2, page 3

When a specific page is selected in the drop down and when "click here" button is used the user should be taken to that page.

Thanking you for your kind help.

With regards,
Suresh.

suresh1983

Hi,

I am using this mod, I have created my forum in such a way that it can be accessible only for registered users. However, I would like to make only one page which I have created using this mod to be accessible to guests/unregistered.

Please guide me on how to achieve this.

Thanking you for your suggestion.

With regards,
Suresh

Advertisement: